What's new

Saturday Night Live season 6. Will it be released? (1 Viewer)

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
I'm perfectly happy with the existing season sets as well, however I would NOT purchase seasons which would exclude the musical performances. In my opinion, they're as much of SNL as the comedy. I thoroughly enjoy the musical numbers on the existing sets (some more than others), but regardless, the music played a large part in defining each era and shouldn't be omitted. As it seems no future seasons appear to be in the cards (at least for the foreseeable future), I'm grateful for what they have released, as something is indeed better than nothing. That being said, I still hold on to hope that one day the '86-'94 seasons will be represented as that is the era in which I began watching the show. A mere pipe dream, but still.....

WillG

Senior HTF Member
So, has anyone figured out what's causing the ridiculous amount of edits on the Netflix versions? Incidental music? Likeness rights somehow? Something else?
I've watched alot of them via Hulu Plus. Seems that virtually anything with licensed music gets tossed. As for other stuff, I'm not sure as there have been some sketches I was looking for that I don't remember having music that also don't make the cut. Some edits are weird. For example, there was a Dennis Miller Weekend Update sketch that parodied "Field of Dreams" Dennis builds a little model ballfield and later on Dana Carvey shows up a Moonlight Graham. The first part of that happens, but Carvey never shows up. Oddly enough since the original ended with Carvey and Miller walking out into a fake cornfield, the edited version splices the conclusion to the following week's update which was the season finale. So Dennis ends up saying "That's the Season, and I am out of here" one "week" early.

Only thing I can think of is the character likeness, but Universal is part of the same conglomerate, right. Perhaps some issue with the publisher of the book "Shoeless Joe"?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks