What's new

Saturday Night Live - Season 32 (1 Viewer)

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale

Wish I knew where you were coming from on this one Patrick. Don't know whether your patrotism was offended, or if you just didn't like it.
I was laughing more than I have in weeks. Just got me at the right time I guess.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
All Maya forgot was the crotch grab at some point during in her performance of the many 'styles' that have been inflicted upon the national anthem. It just wasn't funny to me, but if you enjoyed it, hooray for you.

Kevin Porter

Supporting Actor
I was falling out of my chair rolling in my chair in a tear soaked haze from laughing so hard at the Maya's national anthem. The women of SNL are just golden, and cuuute too. Amy, Kristin, Maya, mmmm...

Randy Tennison

Screenwriter
Real Name
Randy

Thank you. Man, I thought it was just me. I know they lost Beth McCarthy Miller, and put in Don Roy King. I'm guessing Don doesn't have very good comic timing, as there have been several times he held a shot just a bit too long, or cut to the wrong camera, or some other thing that proves "Comedy is hard".

Katre

Auditioning
Noone has anything to say about Hugh Laurie as a host? What a shame, you'd think he'd bring the funny as he usually does. I guess it isn't too bad then that i wasn't able to see it.

Don Giro

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Don

I didn't notice the plunge in canned laughter, but I did notice that there was use of overbearing canned applause after Laurie's introduction, (which in no way resembled the actual live audience's applause), and it "suddenly went from 11 to 0" as you mentioned. I've watched SNL from the beginning, and never knew they used any kind of canned laughter or applause before last Saturday's show.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Hugh was the only reason that my brother and I were watching the show, and we described it as "Hugh Laurie vs. SNL". He generally had pretty good delivery, but was given terribly unfunny material. By the end, we were desperately hoping that he might have somehow conned Stephen Fry or Rowan Atkinson into joining him for one sketch.

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
The first good SNL in eons. Most of the skits were good with a few being laugh out loud funny. And Beck was amazing. Puppets aside, he's very clever musically. The second song especially with the band playing percussion and the glasses was great. Usually we wind up skipping through the music after 20 seconds and a giant groan. They need more artists like Beck. Like him or not, he is an artist. And the puppets kicked ass...
Good show. The cast can indeed be funny if they are given good material.

:) d

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
I know he's been on a long time, but why do a Best of Darrell Hammond if he's still a cast member?

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Because of the election - I believe the special is going to be all (or at least mostly) his political impressions.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
"Bobby McFerrin raped my grandmother."

LOL :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

All the cameos were nice, especially Paul McCartney!

RyanAn

Screenwriter
I just want to say that I think tonight's episode was perfect. Every sketch had me rolling.

"Crystal Pepsi!"

ry

Francois Caron

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
François Caron
"I was in Schweddy Balls!" :laugh:

Did anyone else notice how star-struck Baldwin was when McCartney showed up? It didn't appear as if he was expecting it at all! It's one of the rare times I've ever seen him lose his composure!

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member
All those "SNL is dead" posts recently, and they turn out an episode like this. Probably the most consistently funny in years.

The opening San Francisco values sketch with Nancy Pelosi, the car sketch (that Bobby McFerrin line has to be the funniest in a long time), Martin Short's cameo (Martin and McCartney were good, but Short's smiling at the camera was the best part), one of the sharpest Updates in a while ("Who would know it would take Iraq to have a regime change in the US", the office movers, even the Tom Cruise waiter bit), the lounge act ("Do you know what my favorite part of a woman is?"), and the Tony Bennett show.

Just a great episode. And notice Kristen Wiig was the star of many of them. She really has become the star of the show, when used.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Well, sometimes the guest hosts will bring their A game (and their friends as guest appearances), but overall, I bet this week's episode will simply be one of the few high points for this season as there aren't that many guest hosts willing to pour a lot into their SNL guest-host stint as they are usually there to simply promote an upcoming movie or CD release.

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D
Damnit, my dvr is set to record this and I never miss an episode, except for last night. Im MAD now, you guys really think it was that funny?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks