What's new

Saturday Night Live - Season 32 (1 Viewer)

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
We call him "strain cook" as he just ain't that funny to us.
Thank god for DVR and Fast forwarding through the commercials as that show would have killed us in real time. A few funny bits but all in all VERY disappointing. This is the best they could come up with for the first ep. of the season?!?!? We knoew we were in trouble when the opening sketch was that much of a misfire. Does not bode well for the long haul, wethinks...

:) d

nickGreenwood

Second Unit
Real Name
Nick Greenwood
I liked it, thought it was better than most of last season (with exception to the Tina Fey-less episodes).

I like Dane, I like his humor, he's a "in your face" meaning he's literally in your face sometimes as he says what he says. I partially like most of his stuff, because I can identify with some of it, like "The friend that no one likes" my group actually has one.

Anyway, I'm bored with the opening political skits, they should try something different, I laughed once during the skit and that was at the "what are your interests?" "Politics" as G.W. rolls his eyes and stops talking to the kid.

Al Pachino checks his bank balance and Cubicle Fight were awesome, I actually cringed and covered my mouth as they did the paper-cut on the tounge thing, ouch, I liked the use of the "chads" to blind the other guy. Hader does the best Pachino impression and looks a bit like him when they're done with his makeup and such, unlike some of the actors.

The Killers are a good band, but man Brandon Flowers was so off key while singing "When You Were Young" I cringed a number of times and he wasn't much better during the second song. In fact he looks pretty unconfortable when he's on stage, like he doesn't know what to do when he's not singing or playing his Casio linus-like keyboard. :)

The Waterboys skit was pretty funny, I liked the references to "Studio 60" and "30 Rock".

Seth Meyers is great as the co-anchor, I like Seth anyway, which I've stated numerous times, his delivery is good, he chuckled once at something but it was funny enough to justify, Amy is just so good looking that she's a big part of the reason I like the Weekend Update so much. :)

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
I thought Seth sucked as co-anchor. None of his material was funny and his delivery was bad.

Loved Hader doing Al Pacino. Can't believe they waited a whole year to have him do that impersonation again. I'm hoping for more Pacino in everyday situations.

~T

David Dias

Stunt Coordinator

Tina Fey's delivery wasn't any better, believe me. That woman could never make me laugh... thank god she's gone.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Tina Fey was awesome, hilarious, and is sorely missed.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
No offense guys but SNL just gets worse and worse all the time. This last Sat was horrid!!! :frowning: The characters are tiresome and boring. Nothing really original anymore. I REALLY miss Will Ferell.

And put me in the camp that doesn't care for Dane Cook. I mean, I like his comedy, and his 'in your face' method doesn't really bother me, it's his "all up in his own shit" that bugs me. He seems way too into himself and that turned me right off to him from his Comedy Central Spotlight routine.

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
Yup, when you laugh at your own jokes, (we counted at LEAST two times in the monologue when he did that) you know something just ain't all that funny...

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Dane Cook episode is being repeated on the 14th? That's what NBC's webpage says. Jeez, 2 eps, Repeat? So you get Dane Cook twice in two weeks. NBC must just want this show to die.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Very bad! The only reason I'm still watching is because there's nothing else really on at that time, but I think I need to stop watching. Last night didn't even have one redeeming sketch. Just lousy all around. I don't even think I smilled, let alone laughed. :frowning:

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member
I loved both of Kristen Wiig's segments with Jaime. The "Hands on a Hard Body" sketch "If you look this good after all that, you must look great fresh out of the shower" and the final, porch sketch.

The rest was not one of its best (although I liked the Nancy Grace bit), but it was better than the Dane Cook episode.

AaronSCH

Second Unit
Real Name
Aaron Schneiderman

I couldn't agree more. If the season opener is any indicator of things to come, this may go down as the worst cast and season of this tired saturday night staple. Personally, I didn't find anything funny about Dane Cook's monologue and the incessant Bush bashing on this and other comedy shows is getting so tired that I question how much of it is parody or pure agenda. I am tuning it all out.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
I was going to comment on that too. The political humor just isn't like it used to be. I have two thoughts...

1) The humor just isn't funny anymore (because of the shows decline) and the problem with political humor is, when it's not funny, it's just tiresome and mean.

or

2) The world is so screwed up now (politically) that I'm not in the mood to make fun of it anymore. It was better when we had Bush Sr. and Clinton in office. Those times were better to laugh at politics, but now.... :frowning:

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
It was better than last week. I sort of liked the Jon Bovi sketch, and Ugly Betsy was great. The New York Stories were pathetic though, and the Marathon Runner From 1982 had to be one of the stupidest things ever on the show.

RyanAn

Screenwriter
Guys, Bush is in office.

The pres gets ribbed, no matter the party.

I really dug Saturday Night Armisen - heh. I think Fred was great in every skit he did, I just had a great time with him.

Keenan was funny as the chick, but I don't remember the name of the character.

Corinne Bailey Rae... oh man, I'm in love. awww...

Hugh Laurie is hosting with Beck as musical guest on October 28 if I am correct.

John C. Reilly should be great next week, he has a very wide range and I'm jazzed to see what he can do.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Hugh should play every skit as Greg House, it would be as funny as anything these SNL "writers" would dream up.

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
> The pres gets ribbed, no matter the party.

Were there even any Bush skits on this week? If so, I missed it. Just as well since Forte's impression is so bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks