What's new

Saturday Night Live - Season 32 (1 Viewer)

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
No need to cancel the show entirely -- it might just be time for another house-cleaning. Can pretty much the entire writing staff and cast and start fresh. When they did that 12 years ago, the show found new legs (people like Will Ferrell, Chris Kattan, Cheri Oteri, Molly Shannon, and Darrell Hammond all came on the scene around that time).

Tony J Case

Senior HTF Member

So is Saturday Night Live in a direct contest with The Simpsons to see which show is the most un-funny thing on television?

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
I guess there are those people who don't find Molly Shannon funny (I find most of the characters funny except for the Joyologist character), but I thought it was a good to great episode, with a couple of standout sketches (including the cold opening and the monolog, no mean feat). Plus, a well above average Weekend Update and a hysterical TV Funhouse. The only thing to mar the show was the sketch with Maya Rudolph as the lounge singer. It literally put me to sleep. When I woke up, I had to rewind and then decided to just fast forward through it.

I'm glad they didn't do a Joyolgist sketch.

So am I correct that Molly is only the second female alum to come back and host? Other than Julia Louis-Dreyfuss (twice). Is Sarah Silverman ripe for an appearance next year? I don't think any of the other alumnae have any current projects that would warrant being asked to host.

Also, did anyone catch the special on Sunday?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks