Saturday Night Live 11/16/02

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by ThomasC, Nov 16, 2002.

1. ThomasC

ThomasC Lead Actor

Wow, this is the best one I've ever seen...every skit was great all the way through. That's all I'll say, at least for now, since it hasn't been shown yet in the pacific and mountain time zones...
    Please keep in mind that I've only been watching SNL for the past three or four years, so if you've seen better (and I'm guessing most of you have), I haven't seen it...[​IMG]

2. John Geelan

John Geelan Screenwriter

Did anyone else feel that Brittany Murphy (the host) needs to put on some weight. She looked terrible to me, too skinny, made her eyes look buggy.

I remember her being pretty in Clueless.

3. Thi Them

Thi Them Producer

It was a good show.

It didn't seem many people knew who Garret Morris was.

~T

4. Hanson

Hanson Producer

Hanson
    Yes, Brittany is way too skinny. Her chin is really pointy, her eyes are buggy, and she has noodle arms.

This ep continues this season's tradition of killing with the host monologue (which used to be rarely funny) and then getting less and less funny. The rap off was really good. Chris Parnell rapping is always a riot -- but just when I think Amy Poehler is the shit she goes and does this. She's going to be the next breakout star.

As always, the first skit after the monologue is the worst skit in the show. The Leatherman skit was so bad that I didn't mind Fallon stopping the skit cold and breaking up. Seems to happen a lot when he's interacting with Horatio Sanz.

The Smigel cartoon was the least funny I've ever seen. And Astronaut Jones is starting to get old.

5. RossTerry

RossTerry Guest

I didnt think it was anything too special

6. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

Garrett "Bassball Been Betty Betty Goood To Me" Morris? [​IMG]

7. John Geelan

John Geelan Screenwriter

I turned off the program and went to bed when Jimmy Fallon came on as a Slacker (I believe) in his bedroom skit. Ouch! The only thing I hate worse is when they use to do that Boston sketch with the retards outside a 7-11.

The Weekend Update is the only good thing about SNL and I couldn't even stay up for that.

8. Kevin*R

Kevin*R Agent

That episode began great with the hanukkah song and fell off very quickly after that. Jimmy Fallon has to be one of the worst SNL players yet. He must be related to someone to have gotten that gig.

9. Malcolm R

Malcolm R Executive Producer

Malcolm