Saturday Night Live - 10/18/2003

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by ThomasC, Oct 18, 2003.

1. ThomasC

ThomasC Lead Actor

Switched to this after Game 1, it was so horrificly bad that they went to commercial for good before even letting the credits roll.

2. Van Patton

Van Patton Second Unit

That was one of the worst episodes of SNL I've seen in recent memory. Half of the skits I could have written myself. The only mildly amusing bit was for the gay pills. Britney Spears actually singing was worse than the one before where she lipsynched her way through a song of the same crappy caliber.

3. ThomasC

ThomasC Lead Actor

4. Ken Seeber

Ken Seeber Supporting Actor

No, he means the pills that help you get your gayness back. I think they were called Gaytrogen.

5. Chuck C

Chuck C Cinematographer

I liked the Don Zimmer skit too, but that's about it

6. Hanson

Hanson Producer

Hanson
    I thought that after the solid premiere and the Justin ep (which I begrudingly have to admint was one of the funniest in recent memory) this show was on track for a very good season. Now, I don't know if the cast and writing staff were too preoccupied with the playoffs or what, but this was almost completely unfunny and seemed unrehearsed. Too many pauses & gaffes plunged the already weak material into "painful to watch" territory.

And yes, the Gaystrogen skit was the only funny moment in the show. The prancing silhouette was side splitting.

7. Thi Them

Thi Them Producer

This was so awful that I stopped watching after around 30 minutes. Up the that point, Halle Berry only had minor parts in the skits.

Justin Timberlake had a very good episode last week. Jack Black's wasn't as good as his previous appearance.

~T

8. James Sievers

James Sievers Auditioning

This was extremely bad. Britney Spears has been cited for lip-syncing before, but this was a blatant and obvious case of lip syncing on her part. It was so obvious that it looked almost like a bad Japanese 50's Si-Fi movie being dubbed in English.

9. Ken Seeber

Ken Seeber Supporting Actor

I hated this episode too, but I do like the idea of beer-battered communion wafers from the Weekend Update bit with George Wendt. But it would have been funnier if they had replaced blue cheese dip with red wine viniagrette dip.

10. Randy Tennison

Randy Tennison Screenwriter

Randy
    It's painfully obvious that some good actors can't do comedy live to save their lives. Comedy is about timing, and the lovely Ms. Berry had none!

The Japenese restraunt sketch was just a repeat of Finness' weekend update monologue from the previous week. How painful was the Tom Brokaw sketch? Wow! You could almost see in their eyes that they were glad it was over.

I know it's truly hard to write 100% quality sketchs every week in that environment. But that was just painful.

11. Cameron Yee

Cameron Yee Executive Producer
    Reviewer

Cameron Yee
    I actually watched the whole thing, with the exception of the Spears performances. I think it would have been preferable if they just popped her CD into a player and played her music over live shots of the cast getting ready between commercial breaks.

12. Matt Goddard

Matt Goddard Stunt Coordinator

I hadn't watched the show yet this season, but as a Yankees hater I loved the Don Zimmer bit.

13. Jeff Pug

Jeff Pug Stunt Coordinator

I didnt see this one but the Justin Timberlake episode was funny from start to near the end. His rendition of "cry me a river" with a Led Zepplin rif in it wasnt to bad either