What's new

Saturday Night Live 02-21-04 (1 Viewer)

Jeff_Standley

Supporting Actor
Not the greatest episode this year but had mildly funny moments. Cgristina broke down and went the easy way out and just sung for the monologue which was a let down. The walgreens skit near the end was pretty funny, glad to see they did that one again. Maroon 5 sounded really good live. Did anyone else watch tonight?

One last thing, how many times are they going to show the baby thong pampers comercial? It has been run in just about every episode this year. They cant be that dry for skits or comercials that they have to keep milking that one over and over.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
I thought it was quite refreshing to hear a pop star sing without any accompaniment. The overall show was decent. The danceoff skit was one of the best, especially when Finesse did his stuff, it was just so bad that it was hilarious.

dannyB

Stunt Coordinator
This was the first funny SNL in months! Could have gone without the Bush-bashing Weekend Update jokes, though.

Christina actually showed some ability when compared to other non-actors that have appeared on the show.

Van Patton

Second Unit
I actually really enjoyed watching SNL last nite! Granted, I was very hungover, but it still made for some very entertaining television. Maroon 5 really surprised me. I figured they would only be a radio hit band but they rocked.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Danny,

I agree with the Bush bashing. And for the record I don't usually mind the making fun of president jokes. I just thought it was meant more for meaness than for a laugh.

But, more importantly. I thought the skit with the post concert gettogether was funny. With everyone calling Star Jones' new boyfriend Steadman, who for those who don't know is Oprah's boyfriends name.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
"Dude, they call you hamster?"

"Yeah, because I get all up in your ass!" :D

Thought Christina did a good job overall, better than some actors even (e.g. Halle Berry).

John Geelan

Screenwriter
Christina was awesome in the "Sex and the City" sketch. She had Samantha's (Kim Catrall) vocal inflections down to a tee!!

I was very impressed with her tonight, plus I also think she is one of the finer singers these days. Glad she's lost that 'dirty girl' stuff.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Yeah, I have to admit she qualifies as a guilty pleasure for me, even during her "dirrrty" phase. Or maybe even because of it!

Jeff_Standley

Supporting Actor
Yes I agree Christina sounded great last night, and I loved that she did it without instruments. Im refering to her taking the easy way out and just singing for her monologue, we know she can sing. I thought it was less than what ive come to expect from the monologue. Like when Ray Ramano did his stand up for 2 minutes during his monologue. Its just kind of a let down. Its not fun to see a person whos known for one thing come on the show and just do whatever they do. Like when Charles Barkley and michael Jordan came on and played them selves in every skit, just a let down.
I also liked Maroon 5 alot, I have not heard much from them.

Monologue:thumbsdown: (:emoji_thumbsup: for the performance though.)

Sex and the City:emoji_thumbsup:

Do You Know Who My Dad Is?:thumbsdown:

TV Funhouse - Fun With Real Audio:thumbsdown:

History Channel: Celebration of Women Week:thumbsdown:

Maroon 5:emoji_thumbsup:

Weekend Update:emoji_thumbsup:

Venice Beach dance-off:emoji_thumbsup:

Celebrities visit Christina backstage:thumbsdown:

Besos Y Lagrimas:thumbsdown:

Huggies Thong commercial:thumbsdown:

Incompetent employee gets fired:emoji_thumbsup:

Maroon 5:emoji_thumbsup:

Walgreens rude employee :emoji_thumbsup:

:thumbsdown:Robert Smigel fun with real audio was terrible. I hope for the ace and gary cartoons every time and get dissapointed when I see the fun with real audio logo pop up.

The best host so far this year was of course Alec Baldwin every skit was funny (great everytime).

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member

i thought it was pretty inspired.
not drop dead funny, (and not even laugh out loud funny), but the barrage of banal and inane shouting headlines from these vapid entertainment news shows deserve to be mocked.
it made me smile.

i've even mused once or twice on whether a job like that would actually be something to be proud of or something that would be fun to get paid for or something you would want to blow your brains out when you look back on it.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Agreed. She put the 3 SNL regulars to shame in that skit. None of the others came close to capturing the characters, but Christina NAILED Samantha.

Randy Tennison

Screenwriter
Real Name
Randy
I found the accappella performance by Christina rather refreshing. It did go a long way to prove that "the girl can sing".

And can we please drop the huggies thong ad. Come on, SNL. Do another commercial parody!

todd s

Senior HTF Member
The singing was fine. It was her timing method of tapping her fingers on the mike that kept distracting me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treed99
Recent bookmarks