What's new

Saturday Morning TV from 60's and 70's by Warner Bros (1 Viewer)

Dean C

Second Unit
Real Name
Dean
YAY IM so glad. I want that 70's one for sure. Cause of Laugha lympics and Chan Clan. I'd like to see JabberJaw get on a set like this too.

derosa

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Grant

I think you missed the memo.... sorry, you may be disappointed.
The original announcement for the 70's vol.1 is not what is coming on the dvd!
This is the actual show list:

Aaron Handy III

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Aaron Handy III

Yes, and personally, being a fan of the '70s Tom and Jerry myself, I felt their omission from the set a letdown (mistake or not).

Oh well...there's always The Tom & Jerry Show: The Complete Series! ;)

Dean C

Second Unit
Real Name
Dean

NO I saw the listing. Disc 2 of the 70's one has Amazing Chan on it. I liked that episode.

In fact I have 2 Amazing Chan Clan cartoons on a old VHS tape with cartoons The Hair Bear Bunch, and some Speed Buggy. Good.

I thought I saw a Laughalympics episode but maybe Im wrong.

Dean C

Second Unit
Real Name
Dean
Just to let you all know on the Date release. Its now for May 19th again not May 26th

Joe Tor1

Second Unit
Real Name
Joe Torcivia

Thanks for the news, as I want the '60s set -- and would get it on the day of release. Where did you hear this?

Dean C

Second Unit
Real Name
Dean
I didn't hear about the release date, I read it on Tvshowsondvd website.

A few told me it was May 26th but now its moved back to the 19th

Nebiroth

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Richard Gregory
Pftt. Marine Boy, great!

Oh. It's just selelected episodes. Rubbish!

I don't buy randomly chosen fractions of series.

Sorry, WB...this isn't for me.

Joe Tor1

Second Unit
Real Name
Joe Torcivia

The inclusion of MARINE BOY is all wrong for this set! I’m not certain if it WAS a Sat AM show! If so, which one of the THREE NETWORKS was it on?

I also don't THINK (though I could be wrong) that MB was a WB owned or acquired show!!! No matter, an anime show will seem jarringly out of place in that mix – and is not particularly representative of the “Sat AM experience” of that era. What little anime there was at the time was in weekday syndication… at least in New York.

I’ve said this before, but why not just select another episode of a H-B hero-action show that they already control the rights to, or a ROAD RUNNER SHOW (“When you’re on a highway and Road Runner goes Beep-Beep…”), or a BUGS BUNNY SHOW (“On with the Show, this is it!) – the half-hour episodes with interstitials, before they were combined into one mega-show with lots of edits.

…Or how about the long lost H-B SPACE KIDDETTES – with such voicing stalwarts as Daws Butler, Don Messick, Dick Beals, and Janet Waldo. (Probably nixed because that show was padded with series from Total Television – like Go-Go Gophers) Any of these suggestions would be more representative of sixties Sat AM than Marine Boy!

As for “selected episodes”, I fear this may be as close as we get for such shows as Quick Draw McGraw, Atom Ant, Secret Squirrel, and Frankenstein Jr. So, even if reluctantly, I’m in. Besides, there’s so much here that IS worthwhile (Marine Boy notwithstanding), that I’ll enjoy it anyway. And, let’s be completely honest… as much as I loved some of those later H-B series, they are better when viewed individually rather than consecutively in series – start to finish.

Not to mention, F-TROOP started out as “selected episodes” and moved up into complete season sets, and so did JUSTICE LEAGUE and SUPERMAN TAS. So, there’s some WHV precedent… IF we support THIS RELEASE!

I wish we’d have the street date agreed upon once and for all, as I intend to get the sixties set upon release!

TSOD still lists it as May 19 (as of the afternoon of May 11) – but also lists outdated content info, so I’m dubious.

DVDTalk lists it as May 26… the date I believe to be accurate.

Rodrick

Second Unit
GUYS GUYS GUYS

There are 2 of these sets coming out. One is a 60's and one is a 70's set.

Tvondvd say both sets are out this Tuesday. And other sites call for the 60's set out for the 26th.

Dean C

Second Unit
Real Name
Dean
Why should you all go by other sites. I only go by tvshowson dvd. I only want the 70's set and they both say this Tuesday.

Rodrick

Second Unit
Yes I do like some cartoons coming out. I don't like how you only get one episode of a few. Speed Buggy I enjoyed and JabberJaw someone pointed out. I wonder if they'll have the Theme song b4 each episode that I'd enjoy.

One Hanna Barbera show thats not showing I think is THE HAIR BEAR BUNCH Im sure it was 70's not 80's era.

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
I'm really excited about this series, and I'm already looking forward to the volume 2 sets and possibly even an 80's edition.

I've started scribbling notes to myself on possible shows in the next batch.

Since the approaching two volume are a mix of episodes that have already come out on series sets on DVD, and some that have never before been released at all. I wonder if WB will repeat the same forumula again. 1/2 never before released at all, 1/2 already out on DVD.

Possiblities next time (on the seventies): Devlin, Jabberjaw, Valley of the Dinosaurs, Inch High Private Eye, Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kids, Sealab 2020, Partridge Family 2200, Clue Club, Josie and the Pussycats in Outer Space, and dare I say it Korg, 70000 BC. . .

I do have to confess that the best thing about these shows are the theme songs.

James
[email protected]

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Yeah, but Amazon says May 26, and with all respect to Gord and David and their wonderful tvshowsondvd.com Amazon is the one doing the selling and the shipping, which means they know when they're going to be releasing the product better than anyone.

It's possible that the shipping date was adjusted, and the release schedule on tvshowsondvd.com wasn't updated. However, Amazon and deepdiscount (the two biggies here) both say May 26. So, odds are, May 26 is when these will be out, unless you get the special time travel shipping.

derosa

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Grant

That's exactly it. The date when i pre-ordered months ago was May 19.
At some point a few weeks ago, the ship date slipped to May 26th.

-g

Joe Tor1

Second Unit
Real Name
Joe Torcivia

This may SOUND snarky, but it really isn't meant to be...

Why don't you tell us -- as early as possible -- if you found the set on Tuesday May 19.

I doubt it will be there given the opposing evidence but, if you and TSOD are correct, I'm sure a few of us will want to get it on that date.

So, c'mon back on Tuesday, and tell us what you found.

Corey3rd

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe Corey
Boomerang is actually running ads promoting these boxsets. They list them as coming out on May 26

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks