sattelite hdtv in apartments

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Chris Strasz, Nov 8, 2002.

1. Chris Strasz

Chris Strasz Stunt Coordinator

First, sorry if I have this in the wrong thread - I went to check if there was another forum and the closest I found was hdtv programming (but that seemed catered to specific programming.)
    Anyways, I currently am going to be moving into an apartment and I believe that they have direct tv like my current one. I just purchased an hdtv set which i'm going to get when i move into the new apartment and was curious to know how typical is it to have direct tv hdtv broadcasting in apartments?
    From my experience at the current apartment, all residents share one large dish that is on the property (or something along those lines). From reading directv's site it seems like you need a separate dish for hdtv so I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume that most apartment complexes didn't invest in an extra dish for hdtv correct? [​IMG]
    (Edit: Just realized I spelt the subject wrong - doh!)
    If this is the case I'm just going to go with time warner cable as that's also available there.

2. Kamal_K

Kamal_K Stunt Coordinator

yes you do need a directv hd receiver to get it.

3. Jan Strnad

Jan Strnad Screenwriter

I'd try posting in Audio/Video Sources.

Jan