Satellite

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by WillNE, Feb 4, 2003.

1. WillNE

WillNE Agent

When there are storms do you loose the picture a lot or loose a lot of quality with Direct TV or is it pretty reliable? Thanks.

2. JeremyFr

JeremyFr Supporting Actor

depends on the storm its annoying enough to make you wanna stick with cable.

3. Robert_J

Robert_J Lead Actor

Robert
    It's either all or nothing, the quality doesn't suffer. Rain fade is real but it is GREATLY exagerated in the cable company ads. It has to be pouring down before I lose the picture. Usually like an inch an hour. The last time I had any rain fade it lasted less than 10 minutes. This maybe happens three or four times a year.

To minimize rain fade, the dish must be properly aligned with an unobstructed view of the satellite. If your area has frequent heavy rains, like Florida, then you can get a larger dish which will help.

-Robert

4. Bill_D

Bill_D Supporting Actor

I only loose my signal during very heavy thunderstorms but never in heavy rains. So, I guess I am without satellite a couple times a year for a period of 5-10 minutes due to weather.

5. ManW_TheUncool

ManW_TheUncool Producer

ManW
    What about HD reception? Is this more susceptible to bad weather conditions since it requires a much higher bandwidth and thus probably a more stable/reliable reception?

Hmmm...

_Man_