Satellite Speaker Recommendations

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Allan F, Oct 15, 2001.

1. Allan F

Allan F Agent

Fellow enthusiasts,
    I am in the market for a satellite speaker system. The application dictates the need for small speakers. Also, I'm working with a budget. I'd would like to acquire a five speaker setup (I do not need a subwoofer) for no more than say $600. I'm aware of the energy 5.2 sys and a couple of options at Axiom. Any other suggestions?
    Thanx in advance.
    Allan

2. Vasanth B

Vasanth B Stunt Coordinator

You may want to take a look at the Definitive Technology ProCinema 100 system. It is a 5.1 setup including the sub for around $1000. It may be on the higher end of your budget--but the small DT satellites are one of the best sounding in their size. I've heard them live and while I can't speak to the Energy sound quality, others say they best the Energy system. Of course, they are considerably more expensive.

3. Eric Wood

Eric Wood Stunt Coordinator

Choice< /A>
    [Edited last by Eric Wood on October 15, 2001 at 11:07 PM]

4. MatthewJ S

MatthewJ S Supporting Actor

Klipsch Quintets,boston acoustics sys8000(or higher),Mirage avs500,Tivoli hdtp1(?model#).....all worth a listen and within your budget.....
    ------------------
    that receiver sounds great demo'd through my computer speakers!
    I bought the best ones, my buddy would never steer me wrong .He's not trying to make a commission off me and Cambridge Sound's factory direct pricing means that I got a great deal!
    It must be a good deal all the people on the net would surely tell me if they didn't make a good choice and all those guys that are nice enough to provide a link i'm sure none of them are making a dime for it...all that stuff about e-marketing is probably Hooey!