1. We suffered a brief outage this morning when our host noticed that HTF needed to be moved to a different server due to a hardware failure. That work is now complete. Please post in the feedback area if you have any issues.
    Dismiss Notice

satellite receiver

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by jeff cr, Apr 15, 2002.

1. jeff cr

jeff cr Agent

Hey Guys,

just had a question on sattelite receivers. i noticed there are standard receivers and there are receivers with dolby digital. i presently have just a standard receiver with no dolby digital. However it is run through my a/v receiver which has dolby digital. so does this mean i don't have to worry about getting a sat. receiver with the dolby digital. thanks for the help.

2. Robert_J

Robert_J Lead Actor

Robert
    Your sat receiver is passing stereo to your A/V receiver which, depending on model, converts it to Dolby Pro-Logic or DPLII. The sat receivers with the Dolby Digital lable pass DD through an optical (a few have coax) digital connection to your A/V receiver. DD is only available on some of the premium movie channels and some PPVs. Also you may not get 5.1 sound, some movies are in 2.0 (stereo).

-Robert