What's new

Satellite Receiver Reviews (Sirius) (1 Viewer)

Jon Bell

Stunt Coordinator
I'm interested in getting a Sirius plug and play receiver for use mainly in my car. For now, I'm going to just go with FM transmitter for the hookup (I'll probably switch to hardwired later). The units range in price from $50- $170. I've been unable to find any recent reviews of these units. Can you share your experiences with the receivers you have, and why you picked them?

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Well, I'll talk about my Audiovox car unit, which is no longer in my car.

I got it as a part of a Sirius Friends and Family deal (Through SiriusBackstage) about 2.5 years ago. It is one of those boxes that fit under the seat, with a tuner that attaches to the dash someplace. Personally, I really liked it. The display was excelent, with four lines which displayed everything you needed to know about a station. It had 20 presets, I think, which was controlled by the number buttons behind a plate.

Overall, I think Audiovox makes great displays. I have a XR9 XM PNP unit now, and the display is great on that as well.

Jason

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks