1. The HTF Tapatalk application has been discontinued. Please see the thread in the Forum Help & Feedback area for more information.
    Dismiss Notice

satellite reccomendations??

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by kevin_tomb, Feb 20, 2002.

1. kevin_tomb

kevin_tomb Stunt Coordinator

I have POLK AUDIO RTA11-Ts for my main speakers in my music/HT setup, with a velodyne CT-120 as my sub. My question is what small, relatively decent priced sat could replace the larger POLKS and have a very similar or slightly better sound??.....Now obviously im talking about soundstaging, smoothness and frequency response. Of course I realize a bass rolloff on all sats which is fine since im using the sub anysays, so at least match in sound from about 80HZ to the upper limit of about 20KHZ. Ive auditioned smaller polks but they dont have the same sound anymore. Paradigm sounded better. NHT sounded very clear etc but a bit weak as far as even upper bass goes. Im trying to keep the price of the 2 sats to about $200-$250 as im trying to not spend a fortune. Thanks

2. BrianWoerndle

BrianWoerndle Supporting Actor

The Paradigm Titans are the one of the best speakers for the money. I paid $197 for the pair. Save just a little more and you could spring for the Mini Monitors. I use the Mini Monitors for the fronts and the Titans for the rear. Excellent sound from both.

3. Phil Iturralde

Phil Iturralde Screenwriter