Satellite radio for home use

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Donald Lagasse, Apr 11, 2002.

1. Donald Lagasse

Donald Lagasse Stunt Coordinator

I did a search and found info on the forum about satellite radio for auto but not much info on home use. I am mainly interested in this as a source of new music. I have digital cable but I find that the # of music stations are limited and the selection is good but not great. Using this system in an auto is a plus as long as I can use it at home. Anybody have ideas, sugestions, experience with this?

Donald

2. tony_k_tam

tony_k_tam Auditioning

As long as you have a 12V power supply and someway to hook up the antenna and still have reception I don't see why you can't use the automobile deck in your house. You also need to make sure the deck you purchase has line level outputs. That's probably not a issue, but I've never looked at the decks.

3. CameronJ

CameronJ Stunt Coordinator

Donald,
    I believe that you can purchase a "docking station" for use with the Sony in-car receiver (which also comes with a docking station for the car). This way you can switch the receiver between the two, only paying one monthly fee. Or you could just use it at home.
    Sony unit at Crutchfield