Satellite on a condo?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Andrew P, Dec 6, 2001.

1. Andrew P

Andrew P Second Unit

I own a townhouse and I have a dish at my place. Another friend owns a condo in a different local town and his board voted no to the directv dish. I thought there was a federal law, but I could be mistaken.

Does anyone have any information because I am tired of these condominium boards (if its not this problem it is something else).

Andy

2. Al Rebchook

Al Rebchook Agent

3. Mike I

Mike I Supporting Actor

The board can not stop him from putting up a dish as long as it is not in a common area...

4. MarcS

MarcS Stunt Coordinator

We've gone through that also. The other caveats, normally you can't install it in a manner or location that would be a "hazard" to others. Also, if the exterior of the condos is not privately owned by each person, then you probably cannot attach it directly to your unit--or at least it would need to be a non-damaging, non-invasive method of attachment.

My complex specified it had to be in the back of the unit, on a pole of some sort--but what if you can't "see" the satellite from that location--I guess they would have to allow something different...

5. Oren

Oren Stunt Coordinator

Indeed, they can impose reasonable restrictions but cannot prevent you from receiving the signal. Follow the link someone posted above - it provides a lot of plain-English info on your rights.