What's new

satellite dishes & digital receivers (1 Viewer)

Alastair

Auditioning
I currently own a rca directtv satellite receiver and a dual lnb dish. I also own a 57"RPTV Hitachi T500. Much like many of you, I am always looking for that perfect picture. Will switching the dual LNB to a triple LNB improve my picture. Also will using a digital satellite receiver instead of the current one I own improve my picture. Just purchased Avia so I'm sure that will help

Thanks in advance for you help

Al Gilliland

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
Your RCA satellite receiver is a digital receiver. Assuming this to be the RCA 100, it is one of the older models. Newer ones should provide for better reception (especially OTA), but I don’t expect that you would notice much (if any) improvement from the satellite).

Switching to the from the round, twin LNB dish to the elliptical, triple LNB dish won’t make any difference by itself. The triple LNB dish allows you to pick up all three DirecTV satellites (two for HD), while the round one only gets the satellite that sends out the SD channels.

However (if your Hitachi is HD capable—I don’t know that model) and, if you get the triple LNB dish, and a new HD receiver you would be able to get great HD pictures—a considerable difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks