Satelite

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Ken Custodio, May 5, 2002.

1. Ken Custodio

Ken Custodio Second Unit

Can anyone tell me what price range I can be looking into paying for satelite service and what kind of premium packages they offer?

I have had it with Comcast Cable, I switched to Digital cable and ordered the platinum package with is every premium channel for $80 per month. But when I got my first bill it was $160. Their billing department charged me for each individual premium channel (about $12 each) instead of billing for the platinum package. They said I didn't select the platinum package and wanted all those channels Ala carte. Why would anyone in their right mind do that! When for $80 you can get all the same channels. Their billing department was SOOOO helpful they said they will switch me over to the platinum package but I have to pay the $160 or they will disconnect my cable service.

Sorry for the rant, but comcast has the worst billing department I have ever seen.

2. Mark Philp

Mark Philp Second Unit

Mark
    DirectTV has their "premium" package for $81.99 which includes 32 premium movie channels or $5.00 more if you are in a city where they carry local channels. Check them out at www.directv.com

3. Keith Mickunas

Keith Mickunas Cinematographer

Dish is at http://www.dishnetwork.com/
    I pay about $50 a month for their 150 channel package and the locals, that's with all the taxes and such. Their biggest package is http://www.dishnetwork.com/content/p...ck/index.shtml
    for $72.99. I'm guessing you'd have to pay an additional $5 for the locals.
    Also remember with satelite you have to pay for extra receivers, I think that's a bout $5 a month. Both offer a variety of packages to get you started with free installation, free receivers, and stuff like that, which will require you to keep a years service or something similar.

4. Larry Seno Jr.

Larry Seno Jr. Supporting Actor

I would ask to keep speaking to superiors at Comcast. I know they will rectify the situation rather than lose over $900 of your money per year. I bet you can even get some free cable out of it.