What's new

Satelite (1 Viewer)

Ken Custodio

Second Unit
Can anyone tell me what price range I can be looking into paying for satelite service and what kind of premium packages they offer?

I have had it with Comcast Cable, I switched to Digital cable and ordered the platinum package with is every premium channel for $80 per month. But when I got my first bill it was $160. Their billing department charged me for each individual premium channel (about $12 each) instead of billing for the platinum package. They said I didn't select the platinum package and wanted all those channels Ala carte. Why would anyone in their right mind do that! When for $80 you can get all the same channels. Their billing department was SOOOO helpful they said they will switch me over to the platinum package but I have to pay the $160 or they will disconnect my cable service.

Sorry for the rant, but comcast has the worst billing department I have ever seen.

Keith Mickunas

Senior HTF Member
Dish is at http://www.dishnetwork.com/
I pay about $50 a month for their 150 channel package and the locals, that's with all the taxes and such. Their biggest package is http://www.dishnetwork.com/content/p...ck/index.shtml
for $72.99. I'm guessing you'd have to pay an additional $5 for the locals.
Also remember with satelite you have to pay for extra receivers, I think that's a bout $5 a month. Both offer a variety of packages to get you started with free installation, free receivers, and stuff like that, which will require you to keep a years service or something similar.

Larry Seno Jr.

Supporting Actor
I would ask to keep speaking to superiors at Comcast. I know they will rectify the situation rather than lose over $900 of your money per year. I bet you can even get some free cable out of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks