What's new

Satelite radio: XM and Sirius... what's the difference? (1 Viewer)

Brett DiMichele

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brett
Amen Ron!

And yes Heidi from 80's on 8 is a TRIP (Not to mention she

sounds so sexy... And easy!) LOL

Jeffrey D Smith

Stunt Coordinator
Here's a list of car manufactors with Sirius:

Audi

Aston Martin

BMW

Chrysler

Dodge

Ford

Hertz

Infiniti

Jaguar

Jeep

Land Rover

Lincoln

Mini

Mazda

Mercedes

Mercury

Monaco Coach Corporation

Nissan

Volvo

Many of those are Ford divsions. But also note Chrysler, I don't believe that was mentioned earlier.

I don't have a list handy of XM companies, but I know the largest two are GM and Honda. I'll post it later.

Michelle Schmid

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Michelle Holloway
Anyone that frequents this forum is going to pick XM over Sirius
I don't know, Ron, I picked Sirius and I've been frequenting this forum for 4 years. I don't think it was a bad decision at all, despite all the XM loyalty around here. It's true that they are a year younger than XM but they're catching up quickly, and in some ways surpassing them:

As others have mentioned, there are several vehicle manufacturers which have selected Sirius as their satellite carrier. They're catching up quickly to XM, who, of course, was available first leaving manufacturers w/no choice if they wanted to provide satellite ready vehicles. Good.

They already have three satellites instead of two. Better.

And, most importantly, there are no, let me repeat that, NO commercials. No matter what station I put on, I won't hear a single ad. Best.

In addition, I like the brief commentaries the DJ's have provided so far, reserved for song/artist IDs and "Do you remember when . . .?" questions. It gets me thinking about a particular time/place or even to recall feelings over a particular event. Kind of like the cinema experience, the question, followed by a well-remembered song, can transport me to a different time and place.

As far as my Sirius experience goes, I have no complaints.

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
Anyone that frequents this forum is going
to pick XM over Sirius for one main reason....
XM has Cinemagic!
I hate film score music when presented outside of the context of watching the film.
I know I am not alone. Many score albums sell only a few thousand copies, despite the fact that there are tens of millions of movie freaks in the USA. Those who like to sit and listen to John Williams, Jerry Goldsmith et al through their stereo are a very tiny percentage of those who like the music in the context of the film.
I also hate commercials, and XM has stated they will increase them.

Brett DiMichele

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brett
Michael,
Well then instead of debating and checking stock prices
why don't you just take the leap and get Sirius and be happy?
Either way you will enjoy it.. So jus do it! :)

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
Well then instead of debating and checking stock prices

why don't you just take the leap and get Sirius and be happy?
I'm getting it by this fall, and I'm still leaning strongly towards Sirius. I do listen to a friend's XM in his car and do admit there are a couple of channels I like a lot.

I have other car work that I need to get done first.

Brett DiMichele

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brett
I am such a man whore! I emailed Hiedi from 80's on 8 and
told her she was hot :) well actually more to the point I
said "A wonderful voice, a pretty face and you drive a Corvette
too? You have to be the closest thing to perfection I've
ever seen!"
Heh A Corvette Babe.. Gotta luv it! ;) She's sending me
some fan stuff :emoji_thumbsup:

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Can anyone tell me if Sirius has a good Progressive Rock Channel. One that is Similar to XM's "Music Lab" Station

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Can anyone tell me if Sirius has a good Progressive Rock Channel. One that is Similar to XM's "Music Lab" Station
They don't yet, but I'm going to keep lobbying them for one. From what I've been hearing, they have been listening to user inputs, so I'm going to keep my hopes up.

In the meantime, they do play some on The Vault. On one trip, I got ELP's Tarkus, Pink Floyd's "Sheep" and Jethro Tull's "Mother Goose". I've also seen Rush and Dream Theater on Big Rock.

Jason

Users who are viewing this thread