What's new

Satelite Options? (1 Viewer)

Graham Martin

Stunt Coordinator
OK... Comcast in Maryland does not offer Fox Sports World. (Want my international soccer!) I am looking at options between Dish Network and Direct TV. I hope this is the right forum to ask such questions. I search for similar therads, but they seemed to be few and far between. Here is what I have heard so far:

1. Dish Network requires two dishes on your house to get HD programming. Dirct TV only requires one. True?

2. Direct TV comes with a better default receiver than Dish. True? (What package?)

3. Direct TV is partnered with Tivo and has a better PVR package. True?

4. You can record HD programmign with any PVR. True?

Other than that, my main questions would be:

1. Any other soccer enthusiasts out there have recommendations on packages? It looks like Fox Sports World is available on either system. True?

2. Anything else I should know about dishy stuff?

Thanks in advance!

Paul_Medenwaldt

Supporting Actor
Dish is coming out with their SuperDish, which I believe you should be able to hit all the satellites with the one dish.

Dish is also working on a PVR for HD. The monthly "Charlie Chats" on Dish, they say hardware should be out later this year according to them.

As for the basic receivers for dish and directv, they both don't have many hardware thrills, no optical out. You must upgrade to other receivers if you want digital optical outputs.

As for the menus (I have Dish) comparing the basic receiver and the PVR, they have the same menus and options.

Paul

Paul_Fisher

Screenwriter
Graham, just FYI, you're not suppose to put your equipment list in your signature because it messes up the search function. Just letting you know. :)

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
Fox Sports World is on DirecTV. I don’t know otherwise.

Plenty of soccer: Premier League and usually some from South America. Also Rugby and sometimes some Aussie Rules.

Chris_Morris

Screenwriter
FSW is on Dish, the America's Top 150 package, channel 149. One of the main reasons I upgraded to that package last year.

Chris

Chris_Morris

Screenwriter
Premier League and usually some from South America
The also show Scottish leagues, German Leagues, Irish leagues, some amateur (they had the NA U-19 girls championship last year), and other various leagues and soccer news programs from around the world. In addition to the rugby and Aussie rules, they've started showing a small bit of racing (which I hope they drop as the previous soccer, rugby, aussie only schedule was top of the line)

Chris

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation554
Recent bookmarks