What's new

Satanic Rites of Dracula (1974)- coming from WAC (1 Viewer)

cannon1

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Michael
Thank you for that! I contacted WAC customer service as you suggested. Makes me think I'd better give the Dracula AD 1972 disc another watch for the same thing before too much time passes....

brap

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Alisdair Edwards
Thanks for the heads up on this. I have recently received this and have yet to watch it. Is there any way to check to see if I have the original or re-pressing?

P.S. As much as I love Hammer Dracula, I still believe I may have purchased this blu because the title looks bad-ass in my collection.

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
The first run had a .1 after the code number on the play side of the disc, the second, corrected, disc has a .2 after the long number. I ordered mine direct from WB back in March and got the .2 version

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I just ordered this from Deep Discount. I'll have to check when it arrives.

cannon1

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Michael
They did a second pressing that appears to alleviate that sync error. Send WA a note via customer service and get the replacement.

WAC (WBSHOP.com) responded that they could only answer 'issues related to items purchased through' their site. They said 'I might' send an email to the WB main site, from which I've received no replay. I also see the BD is a Made on Demand now, I don't recall seeing that when it was released, not that it would have mattered. I tried ordering another through Amazon and came up with the same '.1' disc with the bad sync. So....

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
The copy I just received from Deep Discount appears to be the corrected version, with the code ending in .2 as described above. Haven't actually watched it yet.

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
WAC (WBSHOP.com) responded that they could only answer 'issues related to items purchased through' their site. They said 'I might' send an email to the WB main site, from which I've received no replay. I also see the BD is a Made on Demand now, I don't recall seeing that when it was released, not that it would have mattered. I tried ordering another through Amazon and came up with the same '.1' disc with the bad sync. So....

Use the e-mail address in this Facebook post from Warner about the Blu-ray's audio:

After investigating the issue our production team was able to determine that an audio glitch was introduced after the mastering process that would cause the discernible delay on some sound systems. This has been fixed and the old run has been replaced with the corrected discs. If you would like to receive a replacement disc of Satanic Rites of Dracula, please get in touch with Sherri Bogard ([email protected]). Again, thanks for your patience AND thanks for your support.

cannon1

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Michael
Has anybody knowingly received the .2 corrected disc and observed that it handled the Sync issue (as opposed to one who hasn't noticed, observed or cared about the issue) ?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks