What's new

Satanic Rites of Dracula (1974)- coming from WAC (1 Viewer)

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
I'm guessing they might also be releasing an MOD DVD and that's what caused this glitch, which is probably data-related.

3D Projectionist

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Lenny
I have an order outstanding for this already placed so will report back if I hear anything. This film over the years has been so elusive and certainly has been requested just about everywhere I think. For the moment I'll cling to my 70's off air recorded VHS and my yet to be archived Laserdisc. Would be true to say this film has been in my veins for many years and almost a steak out at times. :eek:

Only speculating but could it be they have under duplicated not predicting such huge demand from outlets?
Only a thought probably wrong, but trawl back through UK posts over here and its quite clear how popular this one will be so it will be a must have for so many fans.

Last edited:

3D Projectionist

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Lenny
Dates pushed back till 30th now oh dear.

To compensate I've taken delivery of the soundtrack CD with only 1000 available and limited.
21 tracks and 55:41 minutes running time.

The CD is excellent and ideal for warm up music in your home cinema.

3D Projectionist

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Lenny
Now into November waiting for this BR release so delved into the archive and gave the WS Laserdisc a spin to break up the waiting. I've watched this LD more than any other over the 20 years we have had it in the collection although the Mitsubishi produced 12" disc is showing a few speckles now with age but still very enjoyable. For the moment then we can but continue the wait for the Blu-Ray release which having been delayed a number of times may not see the light of day till Christmas...

Laserdisc.jpg

3D Projectionist

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Lenny
We've had a few delays with this one since its original release date was announced for 16th October. Keep everything crossed for this much anticipated BR here in UK Hammer land.

SR1.jpg

3D Projectionist

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Lenny
Interesting read Peter. Only a couple of weeks to go now until the Blu-Ray but I cant help but reminisce about my experiences linked to this particular film also sifting thru my collection about it. It's been a great interest of mine for nearly 40 years so the notion of BR release really is case closed for me and will be quite amazing to see this projected on our big screen.

Looking thru my stuff I found my old off air late night recording of Satanic Rites from somewhere around 1979/80 ish which still plays OK as does a now slightly speckled Laserdisc which was popular back then.
Fond memories of this film as do many others I am certain.
SR.jpg Peter and Chris were two of our greats...

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Looking thru my stuff I found my old off air late night recording of Satanic Rites from somewhere around 1979/80 ish which still plays OK as does a now slightly speckled Laserdisc which was popular back then.
Fond memories of this film as do many others I am certain.
View attachment 51427
Somebody forgot to rewind. That'll be a 50-cent fee, please. :D

3D Projectionist

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Lenny
Its arrived!

The Blu-ray of Satanic Rites of Dracula has landed so this is the official retirement of my 90's Laserdisc and a well earned rest after what is it 20 years use ouch. All that remains for me to do is thank Warner Archive for making the BR happen it will please many fans of Hammer and the films stars including me.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
The sync is fine on my copies but their were some complaints about Satanic Rites. You can fix the synch with the audio synch settings on your blu ray player or receiver. Whenever I get a disc out of synch that's what I do and it usually works. There are so many variables in everyone's setups: running it through receivers and other boxes, etc. that audio synch issues will always happen for some and not others. This is why players have this setting.

cannon1

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Michael
I adjusted my Sony player all the way trying to resolve the audio sync lag in most of the film but couldn't, so guess I'll have to live with the distraction. Beautiful release otherwise.

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
I adjusted my Sony player all the way trying to resolve the audio sync lag in most of the film but couldn't, so guess I'll have to live with the distraction. Beautiful release otherwise.

They did a second pressing that appears to alleviate that sync error. Send WA a note via customer service and get the replacement.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks