Sat subscribers. What to do with old box?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by EricH, Feb 28, 2001.

1. EricH

EricH Auditioning

I was thinking about getting DirecTiVo and was wondering if my current directv box would be obsolete. Also, my current box is not 5.1 and wondered if DirecTiVo would gain for me this feature. I'm sorry if this was discussed previously but I could not find it.
    Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
    ------------------
    file:///C:/My%20Documents/dragon.JPG

2. Neil_S

Neil_S Stunt Coordinator

I believe when you get your DirectTivo you are required to sell me your old stand-alone model are a very reasonable price.
    [​IMG]

3. EricH

EricH Auditioning

No problem. I have an access card that was never used also. Directv sent it to me and my old one is working just fine. Never took it out of the envelope. I suppose I could sell it the box to someone with a dual lnb.
    ------------------
    file:///C:/My%20Documents/dragon.JPG

4. Neil_S

Neil_S Stunt Coordinator

D'oh!
    The earthquake shook my brain a bit too hard yesterday. When I read the post I thought I read 'ReplayTV' instead of 'DirectTV'.
    My bad. I'm not looking for a DirectTV but rather a deal on a stand alone Tivo or Replay...
    Neil

5. Bob Jackson

Bob Jackson Stunt Coordinator

Yes the DirecTiVo supports the use of Digital Dolby. (The stand alone units do not).
    eBay the reiceiver, if it still is a working H card (satellite on the card) it may be worth something extra. I assume it is a HU card in the envelope (sports figure, typ football player).
    Those HU virgin cards are worth at least $39 for honest subscribers whose H cards are getting turned off by DirecTV.