What's new

Sat. radio demos?? (1 Viewer)

Adam.Heckman

Second Unit
I've been to BB and CC and seen their racks full of satellite radio stuff. And I want to love sat radio, but I can't buy into it until I hear it. Is there anywhere that has demos?

BTW, I'm really interested in the component recievers for the sat radio, however, they are very new and I know that many places don't have them let alone demo them.

Anyways, I live near boston. Are there any chains or "one-offs" around here that demo sat radio? I'd love to hear what their sound quality is like. I'm doing the demo of the XM internet stream as we speak, and the quality (even on 'high') leaves me wanting. If their broadcasts match this quality I won't be buying in.

Thanks in advance for any/all responses I get. And, really, any opinions concerning sat radio in general are appreciated.

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason

It seems most chains I've seen have both services up for demos, as far as I've seen. If you are looking for quality assessments, that's better than listening to the internet streams.

As for content, it is good to listen to the streams for both services, and also to check out the fan boards, to see what they have to say. www.xmfan.com www.xm411.com and www.siriusbackstage.com are all great resources, and good to get both sides of the story.

Personally, I don't have a problem with the quality of either service in my car.

Jason

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks