What's new

Sat. Radio Audio Level (1 Viewer)

I just got a sat radio and my old cd player doesnt have a aux input so I am forced to run it as FM. My problem is the audio level between CD and radio is quite different. So if I am playing a CD first and its at a loud volume then switch to FM it is much quieter.

Is this because of:
1 - Old CD player doesnt bring in FM very well
2 - FM Signal just isnt as strong

Finally would this be fixed if I could use a aux input? I have used the audio level adjustment on my Sat. Radio device , but it doesnt go high enough.

Andy Hardin

Stunt Coordinator
It probably has to do with how your FM modulator is sending the signal. I've got two cars, one I'm using an FM modulator for my XM radio and one XM is built into the head unit.

On my FM modulated signal I have the *exact* same issue as you do. I think it is just a part of the game. The signal those modulators send is "quiet". The only way I can see to get around it is to updgrade to integrated components. I have no issue with this on my integrated Head Unit.

By intergrated do you mean a unit that does sat radio thru the head unit?

I think using an aux input should solve it as well right? Which for me also means a new head unit.

Spencer M

Grip
Tyler you are correct. Any aftermarket head unit with a aux input or (sat radio capable)will work..for example with say a Pioneer head unit you would want a radio that is a (P bus) radio has the letter P (DEH-P3700mp) in the model number

EvanW

Stunt Coordinator
If ur using a fm transmitter its the mp3 players fault lol, not anything else called a 1 volt 1/8 out, solution, like voltage gain or in like headphone amp to step up the voltage, or hardwire it, u can use 1/8 to rca's but i dunno if ur head has rca in's, or u can use an antenna plug to dual female rca's and a 1/8 inch to male rca interconnect but u lose ur fm and am radio.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks