SAT HD200/SVR3000 TIVO question

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Albert Miller, Feb 16, 2003.

1. Albert Miller

Albert Miller Auditioning

I am new to this forum but like what I have read so far.
    I have a question concerning the SAT hd200 and SVR3000 TIVO. The SAT reciever has a serial port on the back panel that is labeled authorized service. Can this port be used as a serial com for the SVR to use for changing channels? So far I have not been able to get this to work. Currently I am using the IR set up to do this but I have been told that the serial connection works better. Hope some one can help!

Albert

2. Robert_J

Robert_J Lead Actor

Robert
    Albert,
    Since your question is not related to this, you should have started a new thread. But that's OK since you're new. I can't help you with this but you will have all of your Tivo questions answered at the Tivo Community. Also, if you are subscribing to DirecTV on your HD200 let me suggest the DirecTivo. It works a lot better than the stand alone models when dealing with DirecTV.

-Robert

3. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

I've gone ahead and split Albert's question out to a separate thread in case anyone wanted to take a stab at his question.