What's new

Sat Dish question..please help (1 Viewer)

Brian Schucher

Supporting Actor
Hello folks. Let me start by saying i have had no probs in the past with dish installs. I am having a prob this time though. After not being able to get a signal at all i decided to let it auto configure and it fails to detect my switch type. Does this mean the switch could be bad? I have been able to rule out a cable problem this far. Any thoughts?? Its making me crazy!! Any other way to test the switch and LNBs?? Eliptical dish
I realize this should probably be in the DBS forum but there is VERY little traffic there and Im sure someone here can help..

Orlando

Stunt Coordinator
I know a little. And while I might not be able to help you I know there are some questions that will have to be asked.
1. What type of switch do you have?
2. Do you have the right LNB's? Not one's with the switch built in.
3. Is it a switch that requires power?
My point is you are unfortunately going to have to give quite a few details. So write everything as there is no such thing as too much information here. (I Think.
wink.gif
)

Brian Schucher

Supporting Actor
OK. Its the RCA eliptical dish which comes with 2 dual LNBs and the 4x4 switch. I had the Terk dish thats the same at my old house and it was fine.. Switch is powered by the STB i presume.. Hooked up just as before but nothing and the fact that it fails to detect the switch makes me think its bad. Problem i have is i already threw out the box and cant find the receipt..
frown.gif
I have Sat A and B in the right locations on the dish and the 4 cables goign into the switch correctly

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks