1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Sat Dish question..please help

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Brian Schucher, Nov 11, 2001.

1. Brian Schucher

Brian Schucher Supporting Actor

Hello folks. Let me start by saying i have had no probs in the past with dish installs. I am having a prob this time though. After not being able to get a signal at all i decided to let it auto configure and it fails to detect my switch type. Does this mean the switch could be bad? I have been able to rule out a cable problem this far. Any thoughts?? Its making me crazy!! Any other way to test the switch and LNBs?? Eliptical dish
    I realize this should probably be in the DBS forum but there is VERY little traffic there and Im sure someone here can help..

2. Orlando

Orlando Stunt Coordinator

I know a little. And while I might not be able to help you I know there are some questions that will have to be asked.
    1. What type of switch do you have?
    2. Do you have the right LNB's? Not one's with the switch built in.
    3. Is it a switch that requires power?
    My point is you are unfortunately going to have to give quite a few details. So write everything as there is no such thing as too much information here. (I Think. [​IMG] )

3. Brian Schucher

OK. Its the RCA eliptical dish which comes with 2 dual LNBs and the 4x4 switch. I had the Terk dish thats the same at my old house and it was fine.. Switch is powered by the STB i presume.. Hooked up just as before but nothing and the fact that it fails to detect the switch makes me think its bad. Problem i have is i already threw out the box and cant find the receipt.. [​IMG] I have Sat A and B in the right locations on the dish and the 4 cables goign into the switch correctly

4. Brian Schucher

The STB is the Toshiba DST3000 which is workin fine...