What's new

Sarah Silverman: Jesus is Magic (2005) (1 Viewer)

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
Had a chance to see Jesus is Magic last month when I was in Los Angeles, but could not justify spending part of my vacation in a theater.
So, drove to Waterloo today and saw it at the Dobie.
Sarah Silverman's new movie has been getting lots of bad reviews. I think it is unfair to compare her to Carlin, Pryor...etc. She's Sarah.
Much of the film is just her act, in front of a theater audiance in North Hollywood. I'm glad I saw it with about 15 other fans because it helped to have people around me reacting.
To liven things up the director cuts in some songs (mostly originals written by the star) and scenes from the dressing room and a few at other locations.
Much of her comedy deals with racial stereotypes and frank discussions of sex.
I will not attempt to quote anything so I don't spoil the freshness of hearing it come from her mouth.
If that's the kind of thing you enjoy, you might like this flick as much as I did.

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
I love Sarah Silverman's outrageous shocking unafraid non-non-non-non PC humor and I can't wait to see this......and she's a hottie to boot. :emoji_thumbsup:

HERE'S THE TRAILER If you can watch this and get the ironic "shine a very bright light on the forbidden subject" humor without getting offended then her humor is for you.....if not then stay FAAAR away from this film for you will be more offended than you have probably ever been before!;)

Aaron Cooke

Second Unit
i enjoyed the movie although i didn't really find the bookend material at the beginning and end very funny. the stand up parts were hilarious. still, this movie was waaaaaaay too short to justify theater prices. around 70 minutes? and if you cut out the bookend material and songs it was probably only about 50 mins of standup. good stuff but i'd recommend waiting for rental.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks