What's new

Sarah McLachlan - Afterglow (Merged thread) (1 Viewer)

CraigL

Screenwriter
OH MY GOD!!!

Only a few years too late but...

SARAH MCLACHLAN...STORYTELLERS DVD!!!!!!

January 6th 2004.

From the Image entertainment website:

Synopsis: More than just the mind behind Lilith Fair, Sarah McLachlan is the lush voice from some of the most beautiful and haunting melodies in recent memory. The Canadian songstress broke out in 1993 wit her third album, Fumbling Towards Ecstasy, inspired by her experience working on a documentary about poverty and child prostitution. Then came Mirrorball, which gave rise to enchanting songs like #Building a Mystery# and #I Will Remember You.# And we#ve got them right here in rock#s most intimate setting, so sit back, relax, and get ready to go one-on-one with the artists you love # and the songs you only thought you knew. Includes Good Enough, Building a Mystery, Ice Cream, Sweet Surrender, Hold On, Elsewhere, Possession, Witness, Angel

Product Features:
Audio Format: 5.1 DTS, 5.1 Dolby Digital
Screen Format: Full Frame
16x9: No
Color: Color
Region Code: Region 1
Original Languages: English
English Dubbed: No
Other Languages: None
Subtitles: None

kamyiu

Stunt Coordinator
i'd buy that dvd, that was a pretty cool session. i still won't buy her new album though.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
I'm all over that Storytellers DVD. In fact there have been a few Storytellers that I wanted to see on DVD (Dave Matthews being one of them). Hopefully if this one does well they'll start releasing others in the series on DVD.

Mikael Soderholm

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mikael Söderholm
WOW! All I can say is WOW! Today it finally arrived in my mailbox, both the copy I thought was lost and the replacement (thank you, CD-WOW) arrived on the same day, so now I am finally listening to Sarah's new album, and it's GREAT!

So good to hear new material from her again, after remixes and live albums, and it sounds just like it should, beautiful, melancholic and happy, all at the same time.

Well worth the wait.

Dave Bennett

Screenwriter
Hmm, so I was listening to the radio (the local top 40 channel plays just 80's and early 90's music every weekend) and apparently Sarah is coming to this local club and doing an acoustic set on 12/16 which just so happens to be my 23rd birthday. I'm gonna try to win tickets as I don't think they're going to be available for sale. Hopefully I can get them as that would be a very cool birthday gift.

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler
My sister works for a local staion here in Sacramento. Sarah will BE IN THE STATION doing a studio performance. Invitation only for up to 100 people at most...AND I get to sit in on it.

I love my sister! :D

CraigL

Screenwriter
Anyone live in Canada??? I'm trying to get a copy of the special she did there last night! :frowning:

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I saw Sarah at Philips Arena tonight (Atlanta), and she's the real deal. I think the only song she didn't do from "Afterglow" was "Time" (which I like a lot). She opened with "Fallen" but she wasn't quite warmed up to do that song's high notes as well as on the album, so it was a little shaky, but then she got warmed up and settled in a groove and sounded great.

She brought the house down with "Fear" (probably the hardest song her in catalogue), but it took her about 2.5 songs to get her voice back to normal singing volume/range again. She immediately sang "Train Wreck" and I had to note the irony of the song choice at that moment in time. But it's totally understandable because she really nailed "Fear" and it just took its toll for a short while.

I do think the live version of the songs from "Fumbling" are a bit better than the ones from "Surfacing", but still very enjoyable, and I liked the new intro's to many of the songs as well. I'm not all that crazy about "Perfect Girl" but the live version was much better than the album version.

All in all, Sarah sang for about 2 hours (mainly from her last 3 albums, and a couple from soundtracks), with a couple of encores thrown in for good measures. The piano- only song renditions were really nice and pure. The vocals were mixed well inside the arena for Sarah (as in the instrumentals didn't overpower her vocals or vice-versa). And my ears didn't ring much afterwards, even though our seats were on the floor. I was miffed that a really tall guy was in my line of sight for front and center when Sarah was there on stage. Oh well, that's just the luck you get at concerts.

Anyhow, if you're a fan of Sarah's, you owe it to yourself to see her in concert, you won't be disappointed at all.

CraigL

Screenwriter
Time is my favorite song off the new album. I was hella pissed when I listened to the bootleg and the one song I couldn't wait to hear wasn't there. :frowning:

In any case, I'm seeing her in a couple of weeks. If I could just get off my Madonna kick, I might actually enjoy it. :)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Maybe "Time" is a tough song to do "live". I dunno.

There were songs that made me fight back tears a lot (Angel almost crushed me) because I received news of the death of a childhood friend's mother yesterday as well.

AndyVX

Supporting Actor
I've seen Sarah in concert three times over the years, and I must say, all three times were simply great!

Too bad she's playing at the Molson Amphitheatre this year though. I don't really care all that much for outdoor concerts.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks