What's new

Sarah McLachlan - Afterglow (Merged thread) (1 Viewer)

Mikael Soderholm

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mikael Söderholm
Although it doesn't say so anywhere on the disc, the 14 songs on the CD version of Mirrorball were recorded over a number of nights on her recent tour. This DVD, on the other hand, seems to be a single live performance - the last show of the tour,

CraigL

Screenwriter
Just an update...

Two other songs are on the net as well.

My god...

"Stupid" and (especially) "Answer" are phenomenal.

Answer may be her best ballad ever. Hopefully radio won't kill it.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Man, I'm getting chills just by listening to "Fallen". Can't frikkin' wait for the new album!

CraigL

Screenwriter
And here is the full tracklisting for Afterglow
1. Fallen
2. Drifting
3. Push
4. Answer
5. Time
6. Perfect Girl
7. Stupid
8. World On Fire
9. Train Wreck

Man, I'm getting chills just by listening to "Fallen". Can't frikkin' wait for the new album!
You think that's great? Listen to "Answer" and you'll be in tears before it's over.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
The new single sounds like her usual fare (not necessarily a bad thing) but what do folks think of her new raven tresses? Myself, I like the new look.

Scott Barnhart

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Scott
Well, I liked her hair/look the best the way she did it for the "Surfacing" DVD, but I like the new tresses too. A different look, but attractive.

Also, her website has 1 minute RealAudio sample clips for every song off her new album. Sounds pretty good. Nothing on there as playful/fun as "Ice Cream", though. I guess she remains quite introspective. I will definitely buy the new album, however.

TommyT

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tom
Hey, she looks HOT! She always did look better with long hair. Too bad she's married... I've had a crush on her since '95!

Single does sound like typical Sarah but I'll wait & sample the album. Personally, I don't think she can top Fumbling Towards Ecstasy.

Dave Bennett

Screenwriter
I preferred her Fumbling era look and hairstyle.
As for the new album, I really fear that it will become overplayed so quickly that I'll cringe every time I hear it, as happened with Surfacing. I think I already heard them playing the new single in the grocery store the other day.
For me, my favrorite Sarah album would be either Solace or Fumbling. Surfacing had some strong points but it just wasn't as good as the other two. Freedom sessions was an interesting diversion and I've not heard Touch.

LanceJ

Senior HTF Member
Sarah's album Touch is on the 96/24 DAD format from Classic Records (and The Alan Parsons Project I, Robot too--I have read where many people say it sounds great).

LJ

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Release date for the new album is November 4, same day as Sheryl Crow's best of.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Love her look (although I've loved them all). I don't think Sarah can be unattractive (though I'm probably influenced a lot by her talent - I think talented women musicians in general are pretty awesome)

Tommy G

Screenwriter
I, as well, can not wait for this. Between Jennifer Knapp and Sarah McLachlan, November 4th is going to be a pricey day. Anyway, here's how I fell in love with Sarah. In 1989 I went to see Bruce Cockburn at the Living Room in Providence, RI. No announcement was made of the warmup band but they handed out cassette tapes before entering which had Vox and Solisbury Hill (live) on them. She stepped on to the stage (by herself) and simply said, "Hi, I'm Sarah McLachlan." She then continued to belt out a song acapella. I wish I remembered what song it was but it completely blew everyone away. The band then joined her on the next song and following songs. I think Bruce probably wishes he chose a different warmup band because she ended up being the favorite when the night was done. I remember going up to her at the bar after her set and before Bruce came on and telling her that she sent chills up my spine with her voice. She laughed and said, "I hope in a good way." I told her of course and she said that it meant a lot to her. Saw her quite a few times on her Solace tour as well. It's a shame that we probably will never get to see her in that intimate a setting again. Can't wait for November 4.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks