What's new

Sarah McLachlan "Afterglow" DVD November 23rd (1 Viewer)

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler
Oh I do have one complaint about the CD. Couldnt they have put Drifting instead of Angel or I Will Remember You? They have all been played to death and both were on Mirrorball. Drifting is one of my fav Afterglow tracks and It wouldve been cool to have a live version on CD.

:angry:

Tommy G

Screenwriter
I'll be putting the whole dvd on cd so you might want to do that as well. I got to talk to her at a bar when she was promoting Touch. I never thought of her as a beauty but not bad to look at. It was her voice that hypnotized me.:eek:

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler
Tommy
I think we exchanged stories in another Sarah thread a while back. You meeting her in a bar sounds familiar.

I dont have the abilty to transfer DVD to CD. :frowning:

CraigL

Screenwriter
Matt,

You could always purchase the "cd" of the entire concert from her website. They have the FLAC version (uncompressed) for sale and just burn you own version. ;)

BTW...just a random note...

"Silence" (her duet with Delirium) has now been added to her setlist. Anyone catching her on the second leg will probably see this song. BUT, you will also see several songs cut: Blackbird, Dirty Little Secret, I Will Remember You, Ice.

Also, you might want to pick up the Canadian R1 DVD release of "I Will Remember You." Fantastic documentary produced by CBC. And only $10.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Finally found it at Best Buy (of course they've now raised the price for $19.99 in store but I wasn't in the mood to go hunting around for this one title, and I had a bunch of Black Friday purchases in my cart already).

The sound is fabulous (I've listened to the 5.1 concert on DVD only, not the CD yet). But the video, man is it a mixed bag. Seems a bit too grainy to me (though it is in anamorphic widescreen).

And man, the people who shot and mixed the video footage, I'm not sure what they were thinking. Quick cuts, focus on weird things like just her belly or arm, etc. Just a poorly shot (from a video producer) concert. They need to talk to the people who shot James Taylor's Live at the Beacon Theater or Dave Matthews Band Listener Supported or Live in Central Park to find out how to properly shoot a concert.

Overall I'm still glad to have this in my collection. I won't be "watching" it too often, but I will be playing it and listening, because the sound is fantastic.

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Finally got around to buying this the other day and watched it last night.

You all are right. Tremendous audio and perhaps the lowest and tightest bass concert dvd I've ever heard. Wow.
The bass on Perfect Girl made me grin all over. :b

Fantastic concert. The image was a tad noisy. Not as clean as the Norah Jones dvd. However that one was in a much smaller club setting than the big ass arena SM performed in.

I never really noticed this before but Sarah is kind of sexy. :b

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
This concert has become a fast favorite of mine. While I've only watched it a couple of times, it's been getting a lot of play on my iPod. Terrific performance!

Aaron Reynolds

Screenwriter
Real Name
Aaron Reynolds

Dude, you never noticed before?

Back in the olden days when Fumbling Towards Ecstasy was a new album, I had a major thing for Sarah McLachlan. Watch how the tip of her nose moves when she's singing... it used to drive me to distraction.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I count myself fortunate to have seen her in concert last June. I'll have to revisit this DVD soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks