What's new

Sarah McLachlan "Afterglow" DVD November 23rd (1 Viewer)

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I wasn't so thrilled with the CD when it came out. I liked a few songs right away, but the rest of the album seemed a bit less than stellar. A good album for sure, but not her best work, IMO.

I was fortunate to see one of the early shows on this tour and I was just as impressed as the first time I saw her in a small venue. The set list was great, and the sound was quite good, even in a less than optimum venue (our local arena SUCKS for concerts, but I HAD to see this show:D ). I was just happy to have her back on tour. Elsewhere was still on the set list; one of my favorites.

Definitely picking up the DVD.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
:emoji_thumbsup: BB is where I usually check first (because it's closer to work), though Fry's locally usually has it for about $1 less on the release day. Either way, I'll be happy at that price.

Tommy G

Screenwriter
I just got back from Best Buy and it is indeed anamorphic widescreen! I am getting those goosebumps on the back of my neck again from that angelic voice. My disc skips on fallen though so back to Best Buy to exchange. :frowning:

JasonBrown

Stunt Coordinator
anyone else Amaray's packaging come with an annoying white sticker re: CD copyright on the internal plastic cover of the amaray case itself? Physically attached to the outside of the case, and a bitch to remove.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
ALL of the BBs in my area list it as Unavailable :thumbsdown:

I didn't realize it was a CD with a bonus DVD, and not a DVD, at least according to what BB lists.

JasonBrown

Stunt Coordinator

It's both, sort of. You can pick it up in either a CD jewel case with the extra DVD, or in a 2-disc Amaray case. The BestBuy website seems to only list the jewel case version. The local Circuit City had the Amaray version, which is where I got mine.

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler

I thought it was a DVD/W a CD. My buddy is store manager for a Suncoast in my area. He got about 8 copies of this in stock and they dont carry CDs.

Edit: Jason's description is better then mine. I didnt know about the packaging options.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I also saw that it was listed as $17.99, not $14.99 (that was for the CD only) at BB. Walmart (ugh) is about 2 blocks from my work and lists the DVD at $14.88, so I am probably just going to stop in over there.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Just picked up the CD/DVD in jewel case for $14.88 at Walmart. They were just putting out a late shipment of new releases and when I asked the guy, he pointed it out and said "You're lucky, this is the only copy we got in". :emoji_thumbsup:

Yep, only on the outside of the CD case. :thumbsdown: It's OK, I have a few spare 2-disc jewel cases.

JayDerek

Stunt Coordinator
just something to watch out for guys...I purchased this (amray style) and there were 2 discs of the cd, not (1) dvd and (1) cd.

Exchanging at Best Buy was no problem.

~jason

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Does the 17.99 Best Buy item exist? I ask because I have tried the "Pick up at local store" at several places in Los Angeles and Orange County, Arizona, Miami Fl, and New York and none of the stores have any in stock! :confused:

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
None of the stores in Oregon either, apparently. I might just pick this up for a dollar more at Target.

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler
I have one thing to say about the audio on the DVD --->
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

Holy Shit; the bass is out of control! This sounds MUCH better than Mirrorball.

Tommy G

Screenwriter
You're correct about the sound Matt. I have the Mirrorball DVD as well and this one blows it away. Not to mention the fact that she is so much better to look at here. I didn't really go for that short cut she was wearing back during the Mirrorball tour.

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler

You are right about that. About a year ago I got to see a private radio station show with her and about 100 guests. I was about 8 to 12ft away from her. She is/was beautiful. Ill never forget that experience.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
The CD doesn't seem to be all that great of a recording, sounds almost like a downmix. The DVD however, looks and sounds amazing. :emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks