What's new

Sarah Hughes! (1 Viewer)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Adminstrator, I take the liberty of assuming that in your warning you're referring to me. I always get carried away in discussions. I apologize and I'll restrain myself.
It's not just you, a few others need to take a step back.

Robert Crawford

HTF Administrator

TomF

Stunt Coordinator
I just wanna ask the same question, since it all comes down to the decisions of the judges that are subjective in nature, since the Canadians could demand back their gold, why not Irena, why not any skaters in the future, or, for that matter, why not the Chinese pair for their gold in 1999 world championship?
The way I understand it is that there was proven tampering with at least one of the judges in the pairs competition that lead to the second gold for the Canadians. Without that, it would have been simply the subjective scores of the judges and the Canadian pair would need to accept that. In regards to Irena, there have been no allegations of judge tampering. Therefore, it is purely the judges marks which should not be overturned without evidence of wrong-doing. I am not familiar with the 1999 competition you mentioned, so I can't comment on it.

BrettB

Senior HTF Member
I don't claim to be an expert on figure skating but I came to the same conclusion the judges did.

I can't believe nobody has mentioned how much Sarah looks like Reba (which ain't a bad thing). :b

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Brett, the similarity between Sarah and Reba was been mentioned in the Olympic Women's figure skating thread in the TV section.

Upon reflection, we should have merged these 2 threads. But since I'm sure it'll die out soon, I will let it stay as they are.

Luis Esp

Supporting Actor
And who ever said the Olympics were about sport?
For once I would like to see the losers true emotions when their scores are displayed. If it were me, I'd be cursing and flippin' the bird to the judges and the tv cameras. Think Molly Shannon on Rosie.
If I were a judge or even the president of IOC, I'd disqualified everyone! Better yet cancel the whole damn Olympics. Imagine the uproar!
I'm getting really fed of the bickering that the Olympics brings about. It's no longer about the sport or the competition but about the belly aching that every country does behind the mask of "politics".
Thank goodness it only comes around every 4 years for both winter and summer olympics.:D

Scott_G

Second Unit
Scott_G, I'm just curious why the Canadian and American judges always gave out the same low scores to Irena. They're twins?
I'm sorry let me look at the scores.

Country Hughes Slutskaya Kwan
Germany 1 3 2
Russia 4 1 3
Slovakia 3 1 2
Denmark 4 1 2
Italy 1 4 2
Belarus 2 1 3
Finland 1 2 3
Canada 1 3 2
USA 1 2 3

So Russia and Denmark give Hughes a 4. Come on, talk about unfair judging - both of these had HIGHER technical marks for Slutskaya - she did NO triple triples.
USA gave Slutskaya 2nd over Kwan - fair.
Canada and Germany were the same (twins ????)
Slovakia, Russia,Denmark,Belarus had here Slutskaya 1st.
Nobody had Kwan 1st.
I think Finland and USA got it right.
Hey that's just my opinion, but I don't think anyone got "robbed".
Slutskaya does one triple-riple or doesn't have the major deduction and she wins.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks