What's new

sapphire speakers from hifi buys (1 Viewer)

Julia_B

Auditioning
I am looking at these speakers for my home theater. Floor standing 3-way tower, 2 way dipolar surround, and center channel speakers. These are all sapphire speakers from hifi buys. The 200 watt subwoofer is a velodyne also from hifi buys. Any opinions or alternative recommendations?

Julia_B

Auditioning
I am looking at these speakers for my home theater. Floor standing 3-way tower, 2 way dipolar surround, and center channel speakers. These are all sapphire speakers from hifi buys. The 200 watt subwoofer is a velodyne also from hifi buys. Any opinions or alternative recommendations?

Nathan W.

Stunt Coordinator
Those are nice lookin' speakers that got a good review in S&V. I didn't see a 200 watt Velodyne on the HiFi site. I would make sure the sub will go deeper in the bass with decent output than the Sapphires. I think the Sapphires go pretty deep by themselves, according to S&V.

It's pretty amazing how much speaker can be had for the money these days. I paid $1K (msrp) for a pair of Def Tech BP-10s at DOW Stereo (now Tweeter) about 9 yrs ago - and that msrp has not changed! If I had to choose nowadays I would choose something other than Def Tech since they are not found on the net for retail sale. When I see these internet prices for good speakers these days, like the Sapphires, I feel like a schmuck.

Nathan W.

Stunt Coordinator
Those are nice lookin' speakers that got a good review in S&V. I didn't see a 200 watt Velodyne on the HiFi site. I would make sure the sub will go deeper in the bass with decent output than the Sapphires. I think the Sapphires go pretty deep by themselves, according to S&V.

It's pretty amazing how much speaker can be had for the money these days. I paid $1K (msrp) for a pair of Def Tech BP-10s at DOW Stereo (now Tweeter) about 9 yrs ago - and that msrp has not changed! If I had to choose nowadays I would choose something other than Def Tech since they are not found on the net for retail sale. When I see these internet prices for good speakers these days, like the Sapphires, I feel like a schmuck.

Michael__M

Stunt Coordinator
I heard the sapphires at my local Tweeter. They sounded pretty good from what I remember. Look on their website. The desingers have good pedigrees behind them.

The sub in that package is the weak point. I don't think they will let you change it out for anything else but it doesn't hurt to ask. It is Velo's entry level sub and really won't do justice to the rest of the package.

Take them home and try them out. If you don't like it throw them back at them.

Michael__M

Stunt Coordinator
I heard the sapphires at my local Tweeter. They sounded pretty good from what I remember. Look on their website. The desingers have good pedigrees behind them.

The sub in that package is the weak point. I don't think they will let you change it out for anything else but it doesn't hurt to ask. It is Velo's entry level sub and really won't do justice to the rest of the package.

Take them home and try them out. If you don't like it throw them back at them.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks