Sapphire speakers at Tweeter

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by Shane Morales, Nov 7, 2003.

1. Shane Morales

Shane Morales Second Unit

Tweeter is selling new speakers called Sapphires. I think that's the manufacturer, not the model. These are not the ACI Sapphires, though.

I can't find any info on these new speakers. Does anyone have a link or something for them? They're not even on the Tweeter web page yet and i can't find them at all on audioreview.com.

I heard a rumor that they were actually Tivoli speakers, but I can't find any info on that.

The speakers are floorstanders, tall, and thin (about 5" or 6"). They're glossy black.

Anyone know anything about these?

2. Sean M

Sean M Stunt Coordinator

Here's their website: www.sapphireaudio.com. It's still under construction so not much more info is available.

3. Chris Quinn

Chris Quinn Screenwriter

Think they are about to receive a cease and desist letter from ACI's legal consul over using the Sapphire name?

4. Rory Buszka

Rory Buszka Supporting Actor

I think they look like some nice, nice speakers. If you listen to them and you like them after listening to the highest-quality speakers Tweeter sells, then the Sapphires should be a go for you. The tweeter dome is blue. That, coupled with the aluminum woofers, makes them a winner aesthetically-speaking. Your ears should decide, because your ears have to listen to them for years.

5. Mike Dzurko

Mike Dzurko Stunt Coordinator

Chris:

There will be no contact from ACI's legal beagles [​IMG] As far as I'm concerned, this is a non-issue.

Wishing everyone a great new week!

6. Stephen Hopkins

Stephen Hopkins HW Reviewer
    HW Reviewer

I was told at Tweeter in Chatanooga that Henry Kloss was somehow involved with the company. I can't find anything about him on the website and if it were true I would assume they would play it up some. If it is true it gives them some instant legitimacy. I listened to them a bit and they sounded pretty good but i didn't compare them to anything else (they had them in the same room as Tivoli and some left over Klipsch Synergy stuff)

7. Chris Quinn

Chris Quinn Screenwriter

"I was told at Tweeter in Chatanooga that Henry Kloss was somehow involved with the company"

Henry Kloss passed away nearly two years ago. One of the principles guy at sapphire worked for Kloss.