Sanyo Z2, Where to buy?

Discussion in 'Displays' started by MarkB, Mar 25, 2004.

1. MarkB

MarkB Extra

Hello,

I was hoping to get some input as to where any of the Z2 owners here have purchased their Z2's. I haven't found anything local so it looks like I'll be purchasing over the net. I have found a couple places so far, but wanted to make sure I wasn't passing on a good source.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,
    Mark

2. DuWayne

DuWayne Stunt Coordinator

Mike Goebel
    AVP Sales Supervisor
    678-966-5516 (direct)
    800-619-1730 x. 129 (toll-free)

www.avpartner.com

3. Legairre

Legairre Supporting Actor

Mark,
    I bought from iavi.com. Stephen Mckay gave me a price of $1925. When I asked about there dead pixel policy he had no problem checking the unit for dead pixels before it shipped. He did say that even if I did receive the Z2 with a dead pixel they would let me return it, but it would save time and shipping cost on my end if I authorized them to open the Z2 and check it before it shipped. I also told him I wasn't comfortable with them charging my card the entire amount until the unit shipped so he said they would only charge a 10%($192.50) deposit and then the rest when the unit actually shipped(some places charge your card the minute you order even when they won't have it in stock for weeks). I ordered mine the first week of January. At that time he said the next batch would be in around the 20th. Mine came in on the 23rd.

I hate to sound like an ad for them, but I really don't have any complaints and everyone post when a dealer is bad so hey I might as well post about one that was good.

There was only one other dealer I could find that would check for dead pixels(projectorcentral.com), but they wanted to charge $50.00 to perform the check. I just couldn't see paying extra to have a dealer stand behind their product.

If you contact IAVI email Pamala Zeigler ([email protected]), or Stephen Mckay ([email protected]) I had a lot of contact with them and there really easy to work with.

4. MarkB

MarkB Extra

Thank you both for the input. Hopefully I'll be able to finalize this within a week and get this projector.

Thanks again,

Mark