1. Visit this thread for your chance to win a selection of Lionsgate action films on UV!
    Dismiss Notice

Sanyo Z2- turn off completely or leave on stand by??

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Curt Luther, Apr 15, 2004.

1. Curt Luther

Curt Luther Stunt Coordinator

After about ten months of working on the HT I am about to the stage of installing my Z2. If you have one, could you tell me if you are suppose to completely shut if off when not in use or can you leave it on stand by in between uses. It will probably get used mostly during the weekends. Thanks for the advice.

2. Merimac Hamwich

Merimac Hamwich Stunt Coordinator

I am a proud Sanyo PLV Z2 owner.

Personally, I think it would just be smart to turn it completely off after the weekend, if you are going to rarely use it during the week.

As I recall (although I haven't "thouroughly" read through the manual yet) there is no specification of whether or not you should leave it in standby mode or turn it completely off between uses.

I, myself, usually turn it on in the afternoon, and leave it in standby mode for a certain amount of time (usually until a couple of hours before bedtime), then once I turn it completely off, it doesn't go back on until next day.

Probably didn't help, but I figured I would post anyway. I'll see what the manual says when I get home.

3. MarkB

MarkB Extra

You should have no ill effects at all by leaving the projector in stand-by mode. All this does is make it a bit easier to turn on. The bulb is really the only part of the projector that the hours put the wear and tear on and the bulb is off when in standby mode.

I just got a Z2 to replace my previous projector that I've had for over 5 years. The only time I would turn my old projector off was in a major storm (my old house had lots of power outages/surges). I never have had to replace the bulb or had any issues.

Mark