Sanyo Z2 Q

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Travis_R, Oct 2, 2004.

1. Travis_R

Travis_R Stunt Coordinator

has anyone used this projector to make a 130" screen,im worried about SDE, I was planning on buying a Z1 but I think for a screen this size the extra 7-800 bucks is worth it for the Z2, my room is 24x18 and screen will be 133" diagonal, 65x116" it has two windows that will be at the rear and right side of theater im puttin blinds as well as heavy drapes over them, i would even put tint or paint them if i had to but i think that the blinds/drapes combo will work well as there are alot of tree's around my house and it is well shaded and even with no blinds or drapes on them now the basement is still pretty dark in day time

2. Brad E

Brad E Second Unit

I viewed the Z2 on a 159" 16:9 screen.
    I was watching Lord of the rings which has an aspect ratio of 2.35, sitting about 18 feet back.
    The SDE was visible but tweaking it out a focus a little pretty much eliminated it.

3. Travis_R

I was gonna start a new topic for this, but for some reason I keep getting an error message when I try to make a new post.........anyway, I was wondering how far back I will need my Z2 from my screen, I have decided to go with a 119" diagonal , do I have to be dead on on my distance from screen or does it have some adjustment, I kinda feel like a dummy but I have never owned a FP, the Z2 will be my first one

4. ChadLB

ChadLB Screenwriter

5. Travis_R

6. Travis_R

7. ChadLB

ChadLB Screenwriter

Hopefully this will give you a general idea of what will/won't work for you.

8. Travis_R

well I am guessing that placing my Z2 13 feet from the screen will be fine, that way I can adjust it either way to get my desired size