Sanyo Z2 Problem

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Edwin_H, Jun 5, 2004.

1. Edwin_H

Edwin_H Stunt Coordinator

I just got a new Sanyo Z2 projector. I think the problem is with the DVD player, but I'm not sure. I have a Denon 5900. In progressive mode, the image jitters up and down. It does not do it in interlaced. Is this the player or the projector. On the projector I put up the menu and it does not jitter, just the image behind it. Again, only in progressive. Is this the player or PJ??

Edwin

2. DuWayne

DuWayne Stunt Coordinator

Have you tried pulling up the DVD Player's menu....does it too jitter?

3. Edwin_H

Edwin_H Stunt Coordinator

Yes it does jitter as well. I had some more time today to experiment. I found that jittering would occur sporadically and for short intervals. It would go away on it's own. Very odd I think. Regardless, I'm going to try a DVI feed at 720p and see what the results look like this week. I hope it'll be great!

4. RandyMathis

RandyMathis Stunt Coordinator

Sounds like the player to me.

Which DVI player will you be using?

The reason that I ask is because some send the pc digital image to the pj and some send the video image to the pj.

I have the bravo D1 which sends video so I set the pj to accept HDCP video.

Many buy the samsungs at Best Buy etc... They send pc digital. Set your DVI input on the pj to accept pc digital.

Improper settings may cause your black and white detail to be "crushed" slightly but will still look better than a standard player.

Just trying to help.

5. DuWayne

DuWayne Stunt Coordinator

um...my Samsung 910 send HDCP Video, not sure where you got the PC digital info from. Come to think of it, don't know what you mean by PC digital. Unless of course, you mean without the HDCP.