Sanyo Z2 Bulb Life

Discussion in 'Displays' started by AlanZ, Apr 26, 2006.

1. AlanZ

AlanZ Screenwriter

Sorry if this is a recurrent question, but I can't seem to get the search function fired up this morning.

I purchased a Z2 last November and have been absolutely thrilled with it. I'm trying to decide when to buy a replacement lamp for it so that I have it here when the original lamp goes bad. I know from posting in this area before that bulb life varies, but can someone give me an average figure in terms of hours? I haven't noticed any change in picture quality since I bought it, and it is in use pretty frequently - pretty much on a daily basis.

Any help would be appreciated....thanks!

2. Chris Dias

Chris Dias Stunt Coordinator

Chris
    I was thinking the same thing as you. I'm up to just over 2000 hours on mine, But I think I'll just wait until it dies before I get one because I've already seen bulb prices go down since I first got the projector. So I might as well wait until I need one then I'll get it.

Bytthe way they have them for pretty cheap at www.pricejapan.com

Chris

3. AlanZ

AlanZ Screenwriter

Thanks, Chris. I contacted Projector People, where I bought it from, and they said the half life of the bulb should be right around 2k hours. His recommendation was to get the replacement bulb, swap them out right away, and then keep the original one as a back up. He said this way you can make sure it's a good bulb before the warranty period expires.