What's new

sanyo z1 grain/noise artifact, normal? (1 Viewer)

David K.

Second Unit
I have my projector i sent in for warranty service and when i got it back i started noticing this odd noise in the video its a slight grain on moving brightly colored object, rather then a solid color, when I pause the grain is still along with the picture, but when the objest are moving the video noise starts moving too. what is causing this?

I didnt notice this on the projector prior to send it in. now it has it, when I received it. Could it be the dvd player?

if its the prjector I assume the grain would still be moving when the image is paused?

could it be the dvd player? oddly none of this was an issue before sending it in.

does anyone have the answer?

Mitch Stevens

Supporting Actor
I noticed this too when I borrowed a projector from the Infocus website. I actually borrowed two...both were LCD projectors both with the same resolution. I calibrated both with DVE, and one of them showed something extremely similar while the other projector showed an absolutely smooth image. This was not normal film grain...it was something entirely created by the projector itself, because the grain isn't present at all on my 65" Widescreen HDTV, nor on the other projector of same resolution. No matter how I tried to calibrate this projector, this fake looking dirt/grain wouldn't go away. It would show up in bright scenes, especially on lamp-shades on the movie "Hedwig And The Angry Inch." But it showed up in every movie I tried, even "Freddy Vs. Jason." Any bright scenes, or white objects, and this heavy dirt would show up.

There was nothing I could do about it either, so I didn't use that projector after that....I used the other one instead.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks