What's new

Sanyo XW15 with CC Filter (1 Viewer)

HankB

Stunt Coordinator
Has anyone tried to improved on the XW-15's contrast ratio with the use of a color correcting filter. I have searched this forum and AVS, but couldn't find any mention of anyone trying to improve either the XW-15 or the SW-15. Any help would be great.

Dean McManis

Agent
Hank,

I haven't done it with a Sanyo, but I just had my JVC G15 recalibrated with magenta filter, and saw a visible improvement in both contrast and black level with the $35 filter.

The type of filter needed (if one can be used) is different between various projectors and different bulbs, even in the same projector.

So it's a good thing to do at the same time as a projector calibration (if there is software available).

Some filters cost as little as $12, so even if you don't have calibration equipment and software (or know someone who does) you can experiment with different filters and a simple color tweaking program like Video Essentials.

-Dean.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks