What's new

Sanyo projector noise (1 Viewer)

Gary Shipley

Second Unit
I have a Sanyo 60-HT LCD projector. After about 1 and a half hours of use it gets louder, as if the fan is cycling up to high and then back down to low. There is plenty of ventilation around the projector and it does not appear to be overheating. The room temp is also more than adequate, never getting much over 78 degrees at the most, and thats with a room full of people. The normal room temp is probably around 65 degrees. I would like to hear from other Sanyo 60 HT owners, or any one else for that matter, to find out if they have had a similar problem,and if so, what they did to take care of it. Thanks in advance.

Gary Shipley

Second Unit
Thanks for the quick response Neil. I checked the filters and they were definately dirty. I took them out and gave them a good cleaning, so I'm sure that will resolve the problem. Thanks again.

Gary Shipley

Second Unit
Back again Neil. Cleaning the filters did not help. After about an hour, you can clearly hear the fan cycling high and then back down low. I'm at a loss as to whats going on.

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
Is it ceiling mounted? Even though the room temperature is good, if the projector is on the ceiling the hot air will get trapped and start to recirculate into the projector.

Gary Shipley

Second Unit
Yes, its ceiling mounted. I just talked to a Sanyo rep on the phone and he pretty much said the same thing about the air around the ceiling area. Do you think putting a vent or two in the ceiling would help to circulate the air and maybe bring down the temp in the ceiling area? As of right now we have yet to put any duct work in the theater.

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
It should help! I was talking to a Sanyo Z2 and Benq 8700+ owner yesterday, and he suggests sucking in the hot air through the ceiling, with a duct, like you said.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks