What's new

Sanyo PLV60 vs. Optoma H55 vs. Infocus Screenplay 110 (1 Viewer)

Teresa C.

Auditioning
Does anyone have experience with the Sanyo PLV60, the Optoma H55 and/or the Infocus 110? They are all in the same price range (best quotes are just over $4000).

My husband is leaning toward the Infocus or Optoma because they are DLP's. A guy at Projectus who sells the Optoma and the Sanyo says we should go for the Sanyo - same or better picture plus it's 16:9 native.

We'll be watching movies and sports about equally.

Any thoughts? We can't make up our minds!! Feel free to toss another projector into the mix if you need to.

Jim Ferguson

Stunt Coordinator
I have the Studio Experience 13HD which is the same as the PLV60. It's OK but it could be better. It's an LCD so it has screendoor issues if you're too close. The black level is not great. It also has some ghosting problems.
On the plus side it has a very flexible zoom and image height adjustment, and does fine with PC and HDTV sources.
The new PLV70 replacement model coming out looks interesting since they've added MLA to lessen the screendoor effect, and claim to have substantially improved the contrast ratio. I haven't heard any first-hand reports yet though.
Lots of info at www.avsforum.com if you haven't found that place yet...

Doug_B

Screenwriter
Someone at AVS Forum is supposed to be getting his hands on a PLV-70 soon and reviewing it for the masses. There have also been some positives expressed from an industry insider at that forum. I am keeping an eye on this model.

Doug

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Steve Latshaw
Recent bookmarks