What's new

SANYO PLV-Z5 "WARNING" light...now Replace Lamp light (1 Viewer)

JasonBlu

Auditioning
Real Name
jason
Hi all. First time post. Great forum here! My beloved SANYO PLV-Z5 has given me years of enjoyment (5 years I think?). The other day it started giving me trouble. The unit would power on, then after a few minutes the WARNING light would come on, then the lamp door would close and the unit would shut off. I did a 'hard reset' mentioned in other forums by turning it off and unplugging it, counted off some time, then plugged it back in. Same symptoms. I cleaned the filters. Same symptoms. NOW, mysteriously, it gives a REPLACE LAMP light on top of the WARNING light. I am in the Navy and at sea right now. Cant check how many hours are on the bulb. Before I pay the 150 bucks to have a new lamp waiting for me when I return from deployment (side question...where the best place to get a factory bulb?) I'd like to know: WHAT DOES THE WARNING LIGHT MEAN? I am an electronics type in the Nav so I have no problem going elbows deep into the gear so dont be shy with your answer. I can twidget my way through it. I read another post that said there is a reset button inside the unit and that I can do a lamp timer reset as well, but that post didnt mention a WARNING light. Wondering if maybe I have a mother board problem or something because of that indicator. Certainly dont want to spend good money after bad on a $150 lamp if the unit is just toast. (im guessing a MB is more than just getting a new unit) Thanks all! Jason

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
how many hours are on the lamp? You could try removing the lamp and then reseating it. that has worked for me before.

JasonBlu

Auditioning
Real Name
jason
As mentioned, IDK the hours and I cant get to the unit just yet. I know its a long post. sry bout that. Key Question: WHAT DOES THE WARNING LIGHT MEAN.

JasonBlu

Auditioning
Real Name
jason
oh, and I did reseat the lamp plug after i got the lamp error. same symptoms.

Jason Charlton

Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason Charlton
According to the manual (http://eu.sanyo.com/AssetBrowser/SSME/Disc%203/manual/SANYO_SANYO_PLV-Z5_MANUAL_ENG_E.pdf) page 42, the warning light blinks if the temp gets too high, and will light solid and prevent power up if it detects an "abnormal" condition and its suggested to contact a service center. In short - nothing your typical consumer can do about it. If you feel comfortable poking around, that's fine, but you won't find much useful information online and I don't think any of us can be of much help.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks