What's new

Sanyo and their horrible Customer Service and "Warranty" (1 Viewer)

David K.

Second Unit
i get a dust blob on my new sanyo z1 after 3 days of use, its a nasty one about 6" in diameter. right dab in the middle slightly off center.

So far no help from Sanyo, Ive called their LCD projector line at their head quarters a few times and NO ONE EVER ANSWERS THE PHONE... NEVER... its always an answer machine and asks for my name and number so they can call back..

THEY NEVER CALL BACK EVEN AFTER MULTIPLE PHONE CALLS.

then the reseller gave me a number to call aside from sanyo, so i call them, supposedly they handle all sanyo warranty repairs...

i call the first time NO ANSWER, so i leave a message... two days later i get a call from them while I was at work on my answer machine asking to call them back, I call them back... NO ANSWER, I leave another message and NEVER RECEIVE AN ANSWER...

These guys are a joke, Has anyone ever had Sanyo honor their warranty? because so far they dont seem to be very helpful.

Eric Samonte

Screenwriter
Sad to hear that. I also have a Z1 and had a dust blob. If u're up to it, u can remove it on ur own which I did with a can of compressed air. Albeit a truly involved and intimidating task, I did my best and got rid of it.

David K.

Second Unit
do you know if its possible to remove it without openeing it up? Like spraying air through the vents?

David K.

Second Unit
the dust blob is HUGE, its about 6" in diameter and bright green. its shows up in anything scene remotely dark. its a very big distraction, some guy named steve long associates is supposed to fix it since theres seems to be no one at sanyo that ever responds to phone calls. When did you have sanyo fix it? I was referred to a new repair man other then sanyo by my reseller.

and those repair guys told me my warranty is voided if i open it up. and said i have to mail it back to them.

Users who are viewing this thread