Santa is HERE! Lex/ sherbourn combo HT w/pics

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by TommyL, Jul 21, 2003.

1. TommyL

TommyL Supporting Actor

Well, it was EARLY[​IMG] I finally pulled the plug and bought in...and man, what a difference in sound. Let me know what ya think( now to fix the wiring grrr...)...I'd like to thank Arthur Vino, ChadLB, Ben, Chas, M. Ipp and the rest of you for the help in HT...so Thank you. Website(made quickly one day[​IMG]--->

http://home.mchsi.com/~toml/wsb/html...ome.html-.html

TommyL

2. Richard Travale

Richard Travale Producer

Rich Travale
    Wow, very nice. I can't believe your TV doesn't shake apart with the B4+ right beside it.

3. TommyL

TommyL Supporting Actor

LOL...Thanks Richard...I was experimenting with sound moving speakers to various locations..my soundstage has become very wide in this format...The B4+ used to be over near the left wall...and it actually made the screen flap[​IMG] I'm still experimenting..but I like the soundstage here...but I'm not going to hide wires until I know that is where I want it lol...Thanks for looking...and yes, the B4+ suggestion has been on my mind for umm..a few days lol..I think those that own one will agree that anywhere you put it, it will shake the TV...and that room is 4500 CF...so its not small[​IMG] Thanks again! tom

4. JeremyFr

JeremyFr Supporting Actor

Very nice but can I make one small suggestion......a new rack that gives breathing space on the sides for the amps. Even though you have them spaced apart etc I could definately see some breathing problems if even they're fan cooled a more open rack for them would probably be a good idea imo.

5. Chas_T

Chas_T Supporting Actor

Tommy L..

First of all, I appreciate the thanks. Your system is very, very nice. Wish I had the room for the SVS sub you have. I bet the entire system sounds quite awesome!!!

Jeremy makes a good point on the Sherbourn. It looks like you have about 4-6 inches on the top for clearance and on the sides, it's a tight fit. As you know, the 7/2100 has vents on the sides too.

I just re-read the owners manual and the recommendation is a minimum of 3 inches of free space on the top and 2 inches on the sides.

Again, great system and much luck with your new baby!!

Charles

6. Doug_NHT

Doug_NHT Stunt Coordinator

Nice dude. I bet that system sounds killer. How does that sub sound for 2 channel listening??? I dig it...

Doug

7. Parker Clack

Parker Clack Schizophrenic Man

Parker
    Nice! Now all you need is a front projector and ...... [​IMG]

Parker

8. ChadLB

ChadLB Screenwriter

then he can send the TV my Way [​IMG] That lexicon has be one nice setup with the sherbourn....

9. Jerome Grate

Jerome Grate Cinematographer

WOW, that's sure is "pertie". Very, very nice. Certainly I could really get into that Sub and Lexicon.

10. TommyL

TommyL Supporting Actor

Jeremy...you are correct in the rack scenario[​IMG] I actually have looked at a few racks..this one is the one I have my eye on:

http://www.racksandstands.com/asp/sh...Y0028&catid=51

It would seem to work out great..and if need be, I could add on to it. Thank you all for the input, and for all the help on this system...I would highly recommend the sherbourn for a paradigm setup.

Doug...The sub has had me fooled almost too many times with how accurate is it on music...I can recall 10+ times I have gotten up and scrutinized the woofer to make sure it is moving..lol...its so quick, tight and accurate..I'd say I wouldn't have it any other way. [​IMG]

Parker...yes...a projector would be great...lol...I am holding out for a while on the TV...a fine tuned Mitsu has a great picture to me...once the rpices finally come into reality, and burn-in isn't such a factor, I'll be in...plus, DTV is continuing to compress its signal....grrr...dvd's look fabulous though[​IMG] Now to tweak the Lex...where's S Fogg[​IMG] Thanks again! tom

11. Shawn Fogg

Shawn Fogg Stunt Coordinator

Tommy,

Good luck with that combo, it should be a lot of fun!

"Now to tweak the Lex...where's S Fogg"

Hiding. [​IMG] What did you need to know?

I wouldn't tweak the music surround settings too much right off the bat. You need to get a little accustomed to music in surround first. Then after you get a good grip on what you don't like and what you do like about it I could give you better suggestions on how to adjust the settings to dial it in better to your tastes.

Shawn

12. Kevin C Brown

Kevin C Brown Producer

Welcome to the Lexicon (MC-8) club!! [​IMG]

Forum 3 at www.smr-forums.com is a nice place to hang out too. Sometimes, Shawn even shows up over there! [​IMG]

13. David Preston

David Preston Supporting Actor

Very nice I sure would like to hear/feel that sub do it's job. Do you get a glare on the TV during the day time? If so I have a solution that might work for you.

14. TommyL

TommyL Supporting Actor

Hi SHawn..and thanks for the backup on info once I get a settled in[​IMG]

Kevin, thanks for the invitation..I'm sure I'll be reading that website forum over a few times[​IMG]

Dave...My room is very well lit, but when I close everything even during the day, it is pretty darn dark....I would assume you are talking about duv or the antiglare product by....can't recall the name[​IMG] I'd be interested to hear from ya...drop er in my PM box whenever you have time...thanks again! tom

15. BrianKR

BrianKR Second Unit

Tommy,
    That is one killer setup!
    btw, I PM'd you.

16. David Preston

David Preston Supporting Actor

Tommy did you get my P.M?

17. Wayne Ernst

Wayne Ernst Cinematographer

Tommy,

Very nice ... now, let me put my tongue back in my mouth.

Thanks for sharing your pics !!