Santa Cruz output to amp or pre pro?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Chris Tsutsui, Mar 14, 2002.

1. Chris Tsutsui

Chris Tsutsui Screenwriter

I'm thinking of using a Parasound HCA-1000a to power some JBL S38ii studio speakers. The parasound amp has a left/right rca inputs and I'll be hooking the amp to a Turtle Beach Santa Cruz.

I assume I'll need a stereo mini audio plug to left/right RCA adapter in order to hook the amp to the front left/right output on my sound card.

Later, I would like to hook a pre pro to the sound card instead of the amplifier by using the single digital encoded Digital Dolby® output on the sound card. That would mean I would need an adapter from digital coaxial (for pre pro) to digital mini plug (on sound card) so I can plug it into the versa jack on the Turtle Beach?

Am I correct with this because right now I don't have ANY home theater equiptment or even a sound card.

Anyone know if the radio shack adapters are any good or would I be better off soldering my own?

2. Matt DeVillier

Matt DeVillier Supporting Actor

Chris,

your assumptions are correct. You need a 1/8" stereo to RCA stereo cable for the analog out. For the digital out, I'm pretty sure all you need is a 1/8" stereo to RCA mono adapter plug, and a single RCA cable. You select AC3/DTS output in the TBSC control panel, and you are all set. Radio shach should have all the stuff you need.