Santa Clause SE Question...

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Beau, Sep 12, 2002.

1. Beau

Beau Supporting Actor

At Internet Movie Data Base, it says that on the last DVD version, the 1-800 Spank Me line was edited out. I don't know if that's true, but if it is, will that line be cut out of the upcoming SE aswell? That would suck.

2. Kyle McKnight

Kyle McKnight Cinematographer

They're working on an SE? I wonder how I missed that info [​IMG] I hope it's not edited, but I have a feeling it will be to keep kids from calling the number.

3. Jeffrey Gray

Jeffrey Gray Second Unit

I dunno if it will be cut from the new DVD, but it is definitely deleted from the old DVD. I should know; I am the one who contributed that info to IMDB. Apparently, Disney thought the phone-sex reference was too inappropriate for a family film...

4. rutger_s

rutger_s Supporting Actor

Actually,
    The 1-800-SPANKME line was cut out because it was a real phone number. I know, I called it. [​IMG]
    The company that owned the number was upset over the "test" calls that never generated any money. So they asked the Walt Disney Company to remove it.

5. Beau

Beau Supporting Actor

"Disney thought the phone-sex reference was too inappropriate for a family film..."
    Frig that shtuff, I saw that friking movie in theaters when I was only 8 years old, my parents didn't think anything of it![​IMG] It's like...the best line in the movie, why, or why???!!?!?!?![​IMG]

6. Jeffrey Gray

Jeffrey Gray Second Unit

Because that phone number was a real number that was in use...and the people who owned the number made them cut it out. Read the reply by rutger_s.

7. Kyle McKnight

Kyle McKnight Cinematographer

Um Beau....[​IMG] is that really necessary?

8. Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford Moderator

Robert
    Beau,
    Profanity is not forbidden on this forum unless it's in the thread title or it becomes excessive, but there are still other words to use that will express your displeasure without resorting to such words.

Crawdaddy

9. Beau

Beau Supporting Actor

Sorry about that, just got a little carried away.:b [​IMG]

10. LukeB

LukeB Cinematographer

The cut on the DVD is odd. I believe I taped the movie off of Disney Channel or ABC way back when, and they substituted the line with 1-800-POUND. I'm more interested to know if it's going to be the same letterboxed transfer from the old DVD, or if there will be a new 16 x 9 widescreen transfer. I get the feeling that this SE will be a letdown, i.e. it's just a way to cash in on the sequel through promotion. Maybe I'll be wrong and we'll get the deleted scenes and a 16 x 9 transfer, and an all-around good disc. We shall see. [​IMG]

11. rutger_s

rutger_s Supporting Actor

The Santa Clause - Special Edition was announced to have a new THX certified anamorphic widescreen transfer.

12. LukeB

LukeB Cinematographer

Actually, the official press release just says widescreen. It was later learned that there were in fact 2 versions. Nonetheless, this is Disney, so even if the package says 1.85:1 Anamorphic Widescreen, you never know. [​IMG]