Sansui Speakers?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Kenshin, Aug 4, 2002.

1. Kenshin

Kenshin Auditioning

Hi all!

I just want to know if Sansui brand speakers are any good for home theatre?

Thanks in advance
    Will

2. Russell _T

Russell _T Supporting Actor

Is Sansui still making speakers? I have a pair of Model SP1700's made in 1972 that are still going strong.

3. Geoff L

Geoff L Screenwriter

First welcome to HTF!!!!

Are you over the water, and what specific Sansui speakers are you talking about.???

Current stuff or their older 70's and 80's stuff?

Very little Sansui stuff comes into the USA anymore but across the water their still producing some mighty fine Audio Equipment, Especialy Separates.

As far as speakers go, I have seen nothing or heard nothing state side that indicates they are producing them. This is not to say that across the water it's the same. They could still be building their own speaks and selling them their but not state side!

You tell me????

Regards
    Geoff

4. Oachalon

Oachalon Stunt Coordinator

i had a pair of sansui 15inch i think 4way or 5way i dont remember. I loved the sound those speakers made. If they are still making speakers i would love to know the link or where i can find them at. I still have all the vocal speakers but the 15s blew on the Sansui speakers. Great Stuff

5. Kenshin

Kenshin Auditioning

6. Geoff L

Geoff L Screenwriter

I don't think any of the models shown at that web site are available here in the USA. Would be difficult to say one way or another.

Sansui of OLD, built high quailty stuff that "didn't" Come Cheap. Looking at the models they seem to be carrying it seems their a step down from the Sansui of old.

The 2 higher end models MRSP at 700.00 and 1000.00 a pair might be worth some consideration. Even the cheper ones too, you never know! This is just a guess. The site has (very limited info) and not seeing them or hearing them, how can one say anything one way or another.

Go listen to the Sansui's. All of them, not just the more expensive ones. Don't limit yourself to just that brand either. Listen to as many brands and types of speakers in your price point as possible!

It's your call and your money, in the end you have to live with the sound. Bring your favorite CD's and DVD's and go forth and listen. Try to use a receiver that is the same as yours or close in power and make.

Check their/everyones return policy also, things can sound very different once you get them in your home.

Good luck and sorry I can't be of more help...
    Geoff